Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sun-N-Fun

It all began on Tuesday.  I promised my sweet boy that we'd go to a local waterpark, Sunsplash, on Wednesday.  He was pumped!  We played Tuesday, went down for a regular afternoon nap, and when Connor woke after nap...he swore he woke & it was Wednesday.  He shot out of bed cheering "It's Sunsplash time!!" 

 For the next 30 minutes, Connor tried to argue that it was, in fact, Wednesday, and he cried as if it was the end of the world.  I pulled out every Mom trick out of my hat & finally distracted him into being happy again with a few sugary snacks. 

...Yes, cupcake flavored goldfish crackers, are my new secret weapon...

We made it peacefully through our evening and went to bed knowing that it would be 'Sunsplash' day in the morning.

Wednesday morning arrived.  One happy little boy was ready to go promply after he rolled out of bed.  After seeing on Facebook that many kids were returning back to school today, I got a teeny tiny feeling that I should double check to make sure Sunsplash was still open (now that every kid in Lee County would be in school).  In fun italic/bold print on Sunsplash's website read:

Starting Wednesday, August 8, Sunsplash will be closed and only open on the weekends.

The thought of breaking in to Sunsplash and taking my ever-excited child anyway did cross my mind at that moment. 

I knew that no matter how I sugar coated it, "Sunsplash is closed" would definitely result in a massive meltdown.  I started searching the internet for waterparks, hoping I could find a quick Plan B.  A beautiful, "Sun-N-Fun Lagoon" flooded over my Yahoo searches. 

The good news: Sun-N-Fun Lagoon was cheaper admission & it was OPEN.

The bad news: Our car ride went from an original 10 mins to am expensive gas guzzling 40 minutes (to Naples).

To avoid a devastated little boy (again), we went for it!

We spent the next 3 hours in numerous fountains, pools, and a waterfall-filled lazy river!  The lazy river was, by far, Connor's favorite (which I was unable to capture any photos since we were so busy in the rapids).

I tried to squeeze in a few pictures...

This was a happy chant for the fountains (despite the fact it looks like he's one, angry fish).

I pitched our beach bag on a chair about 10 feet from these fountains thinking...oh maybe Mama will sit and get some sun while Connor frolics around in the fountains...Errrr! Wrong-o!

We hung here about 5 minutes out of the day.  The rest of the day was in the lazy river, dodging the fire-hose-strength-waterfalls.  Connor was happy, therefore, I was happy!

"This is fun, Mom!"

To Naples or beyond!
I would travel the Earth for this precious guy.

No comments: