Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yay-Katie-Yay!!

Its been a busy last few days for my little sis.

Thursday kick started the beginning of her graduation festivities!  Mom, Dad & Nicole traveled up to Tallahassee to represent the 'Yay Katie' team.  Thanks to the beauty of technology, we've been staying on top of what they've been up to 6 hours away.  After 7 years of working her tail off, Katie is graduating with her DNP from FSU.  I was right there with her at our childhood medical checkups when she kicked our nurse clear across the room on her wheelie chair after screaming in fear for getting her finger pricked!  To think that the same little girl is now going to be a Nurse Practioner... I could not be happier for her!!

 Kater's Medical Board had a presentation on Thursday

Then on Friday, she had her 'hooding' ceremony.

I seriously have the prettiest sister ever...giant Harry-Potter-looking-robe and all!

The graduate and her cheering squad

Two goofballs that appear to be meant to be!

Mom & Dad's corny sense of humor with their award for Kater :)

I'm awaiting more photos via text message soon after the big graduation ceremony this afternoon!  My little sister is all grown up!!  I sooo wish I could be there with her to celebrate! 

While they've been busy in Tallahassee, we've been trying to stay busy here.

I've been on the 'hurry and get projects done around the house before the baby comes because Lord knows I'll have no free time then' mindset lately.  I've been meaning to finish the playroom, so I put Matt on my Pinterest task.  I love Matt tons, but he's not the handiest of fellas.  It took him about 3 different trips to Home Depot, but he completed the project like a champ!  Now we have a place to hang all of Connor's school projects, etc.  High five, Honey!!

Yesterday was our haircut, library, and playground day!  With Nana being out of town for a few days, Connor's been going through withdrawals.  

"Mom, you know Nana brings me to this playground."

"Mom, you wanna take me to get a strawberry sundae after the park?!  I do that with my Nana!"

**Somebody misses his Nana!**

Since it was the first soccer game Nana & Papa would be gone for, they sent one disappointment Sonic a video via text wishing him good luck (along with a special appearance from Auntie Katie, Eric, and Auntie Nicole!).  Boy, did that pump this little guy up!  We watched the video before the game and again, at half time!  Poppy Charlie came out to cheer on Peewee as well, so it turned out to be a great day!  Connor was taking a lot of 'water breaks,' so that Connor could make frequent Mommy breaks & hang on the sidelines...so I didn't have high hopes for Connor lasting the entire game.  

Then about 5 minutes before the game was over, Peewee had a shining moment!!

Connor had an opening on the field and started at one end of the field with the ball...and kicked it on his own down the field to kick it in the goal and score his first official goal!!!!  He may have scored in the other team's goal, but when you're 4...it doesn't matter!  The crowd cheered anyway! Mommy clapped with joy!!  My little Sonic was pretty proud!!

Although he asked the entire game if it was time to do 'the tunnel' yet, he ended the game strong & happy!


Yay for a happy weekend so far!

No comments: