Thursday, May 4, 2017

Hey kids...remember the time...


So today was one for the memory books...

Our pool is just about done, but the water is in & it's hard to keep the kids excitement contained.
So after homework time after school, the boys ran quickly to their rooms to suit up and hopped in the freezing pool.  They were thrilllllled.

The part we weren't expecting was this.
Since the water was chilly, Connor thought he would bite the bullet & just jump in.  Just as he hit the water, I saw a bolt of white light in the corner of my eye...

The splash of Connor's jump terrified our cat who was just casually walking around the pool.  Seuss went flying across the raised wall of the pool and sent him flying into the shallow end.  I put down all of my photography equipment I had ready to capture the first swim in our pool to scoop our cat out of the water!  As I lifted him out, his back paws clinched into my hand and left two nice deep gashes into my palm.  As he jumped from my hands, I was nicely gushing from my hand.  I ran into the house to see the water trail left from our soggy feline, grabbed an old towel to wrap my hand, and managed to catch the cat upstairs to dry him off a bit.  It was pretty traumatic yet hilarious at the same time.




Good chance we won't forget the first time we went in the pool annnnnnd good chance Seuss won't be seem close to the pool again.

No comments: