Sunday, June 6, 2010

Growing boy!

I used to be on-the-ball with Connor's monthly updates & 'firsts', but it seems that once he became mobile & his 'firsts' were occurring almost everyday...I kinda ran out of time! As Connor is now 18 months old, here is a quick catch-me-up on what he's been up to lately!

~Connor does not have a normal lovey item like most kids (ex. stuffed animal, pacifier, blankie, etc). My child's newest lovey item is....bananas! Yep--when Connor wakes, when he gets fussy, when he's feeling blue--he'll walk you straight into the kitchen, stand under the bananas on the counter & whine until he gets one! It works wonders in the grocery store too! Our first stop is always the produce department--Connor will help pick out his weekly banana supply & sit content in the shopping cart for the entire grocery store outing just holding onto his beloved banana! I have to watch him closely though...as he likes to eat the banana...the entire banana...peel & all! He's my little monkey!

Here's a shot of Connor enjoying Mommy's new invention: the banana push-pop. I cut a banana in half, slightly peel & let Connor enjoy squishing his banana straight out of the banana peel.


~ Connor has enough toys for us to open our own Toys R Us. He usually has his select favorites & the others rarely get touched. I was thrilled to see Connor finally get use out of his fun turtle ride that he got from Nana & Papa last Christmas! He looks so grown up as he hops right on & starts bopping along on it.


~Connor has always enjoyed reading/flipping through books that have musical buttons. Just recently, Connor discovered his ability to push the buttons all by himself. Talk about one happy kid! He loves to stand at the coffee table, take his pudgy pointer finger & continuously push each musical button.






~Over the past few months, Connor has also learned how to climb on & off the couch. It still catchs me off guard when I poke my head out of the kitchen to find this little munchkin running back & forth on the sofa! Connor likes to hang his head over the side, run across the couch, or just stand & belly flop onto the couch. Rarely does he sit....unless Jeopardy is on! :)


~Here's Mr. Wise guy prancing around after he figured out how to rip off his britches! If you're wondering where he's headed....he loves to run into my bathroom to open & slam the shower door as hard as he possibly can. The harder he slams the shower door, the louder he chuckles!


~The picture below is one of Mommy's biggest accomplishments lately! I don't know how many times Connor would pull me out into the backyard to help him climb the ladder to his slide & have me push him down the slide on a daily basis. Just this past week, Connor has learned how to climb the ladder, do a little happy dance standing up, sit down at the slide, wait for Mommy to count "1,2,3 and GO!", then push himself down the slide all by himself! This gives Mommy a free hand to entertain the dog, clean up the patio, pull weeds, etc. Connor & I are much happier with his recent discovery! :) My little independent boy!


~My favorite thing that Connor has picked up on doing over the past few months is holding hands. He LOVES to walk up to you, grab your hand, and lead you to where he wants to go. It's so weird & neat (at the same time) to see how much of a little person Connor has become! My baby is growing up!

~I am determined to get a photo of what I witnessed yesterday. Nana came over last night, said hi to her little Connor, and asked for a kiss. Connor gave the sweetest little wet, slobbery kiss you will ever see. That moment just melt my heart!

~Connor's biggest passions include rocks, dirt, toy balls, climbing, water, and the vacuum cleaner.

~I was really good at documenting when Connor got a new tooth...up until he began to get 3-4 teeth at the same time! I believe Connor has 4 new molars and 4 'i' teeth still making their way through.

~Connor is wearing mostly 24 month size clothing, although his footie jammies are getting a little snug already. He wears size 7 shoes & size 4 diaper. He's still in the 90th percentile for his weight, height, and head size :). We encountered a (big) little boy at the pet store the other day that was Connor's age~ he was one of the first kids I have come across that fit into the tiny percentile of children that are bigger than Connor at his age!

So...thats about it for my updates. Connor continues to grow like a weed everyday! He's my little munchkin :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! I love reading other peoples monthly updates too! Kylie's speech just recently exploded. Within the last 2 weeks she got about 15 new words. She was doing a TON of whining and screaming to get her points across too and now that she is talking more, that is happening less and less. I am hoping for it to stop completely, although I doubt that will happen! Ha! Kylie took off her "britches" the other day too! Talk about catching you off guard. I about fell over when I saw that naked bum walking toward me! Haha! Connor is just SO adorable and he is looking like such a little man nowadays! I hope all is going well for you, you look really happy! :)