Monday, June 28, 2010

Mommy-Son date!

This past weekend was the first time in a while I had a one-on-one date with Connor. Mommy woke up well rested after Connor decided to sleep in, so we were full of energy & ready to take on our fun-filled day! Our first stop was Chuck E Cheese! Unfortunately, I was rather busy running with Connor through the aisles of video games to get any good photos. I will be prepared next trip with the camera, because I am determined to get a picture of Connor's precious face as he stares up at the Chuck E Cheese dancing/singing mascot! Connor like him, but isn't too sure of him at the same time! He loved to just stand & watch 'Mr. Cheese' boogie down, but made sure I was holding him. I loved it, since its rare for Connor to want me to hold him these days!

After leaving our first destination, we headed over to Chick-fil-a for lunch & inside **air conditioned** playtime! With the weather being a good 100 degrees outside and a good chance of rain, we were rather limited on where to go to get out of the house. Connor loves-him-some Chick-fil-a!
I was on a one-on-one lunch date with Connor, but Connor was on a one-on-one date with 'Dora'. She never left his right hand ALL day!


After devouring his lunch, we were off to the play area. It took Connor quite a while to become interested in climbing the steps and now...he's quite the monkey! I'm waiting for the day that I have to go up & rescue him from the top!


My little patriotic munchkin can easily spot an American flag from a mile away! It's seriously adorable to watch him stand there in awe over it blowing in the wind. I will definitely get some good shots of Connor on the 4th of July this year with his flag :)


This is the face I get when I turn on the car, set the music to Lady Antebellum's "Looking for a Good time", and start dancing! Connor just grins from ear-to-ear and gets a kick out of Mommy's dancing skills...as I'm sure every other person in the parking lot is as well!


After a little downtime at home, Connor was ready for his date night with Mom & his favorite partners-in-crime, Kaylee & Austin! After a wonderful supper, we were treated to ice cream as well. We had a blast! Connor was wore out from a busy day, but perked up quite a bit after some sugar!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

You are such a great mom! You can just look at connors face and see how much he loves you, and see how happy he is!! I always new you would be though! MISS YOU!