Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hip Hop Tots

Connor's getting to the age where he's craving play time with other kids. He is the child on the playground that stalks other children in hopes that someone will play with him! If Connor was a girl, he'd have the option of ballet, tap, jazz, mommy & me tea parties or pedicures, and other feminine shananigans...but since we all know Connor is ALL BOY, our choice of age appropriate activities is pretty limited. I heard from a friend that teaches at a dance studio that she was trying to expand her hip hop dance class and needed some boys. I figured as long as Connor didn't have to wear a leotard or tutu, I wasn't committing any mother-of-a-son sins. :)

We rolled into the dance studio, met with his teacher, they showed us the studio, then his teacher said "...and this is where the parents sit and watch the kids on the monitors." I wasn't expecting that I'd have to be in another room (and slightly panicked since I was wondering how I'd be able to take pictures!!). I wasn't sure if Connor would go willingly with his new teacher, but to my surprise, he went right ahead. It was a great way for me to see how he was doing without me around! He was HILARIOUS to watch. All the kids had a colored dot that they had to stay on and Connor did excellent staying in his spot. His class was small (4 girls and Connor was the lonesome boy). It was cute as can be watching his move his arms, stomp, and try to mimic his teacher's moves. His favorite part of class was the pumpkin stamp he got on his hand when class was over! We can't wait to go back next week!

The best pictures I could get of Connor participating in his dance class. The class was working on sitting on their dots and stomping their feet in front of them. The teacher would go...

left foot, right foot, left foot- left foot

and Connor would go...

right foot, left foot :)


In the picture below, the class was holding hands and doing 'the worm'.



Since we danced right on through nap time, my precious twinkle toes conked out on the way literally 5 seconds after he entered his carseat. I was able to hold him when we got home and he slept on my shoulder. When he woke on the couch with me, he looked into my eyes, grinned his giant cheesy smile, and goes "dance class."

I think that was his way of saying he had fun :).



Hopefully more pictures to come after next week's class :)

No comments: