Friday, February 1, 2013

Phone photo dump

As I had mentioned before, my laptop is sick.

It's currently visiting the Dr's over at Gateway Repair Center.

Hoping it gets well soon!

Until then, please enjoy some of my phone photos that I've dumped onto Matt's computer today :).

Over the past week, we've been staying pretty busy.

The neighbor boys have almost become residents in our home.  I've become quite experienced with taming three boys at once.  It's not the easiest entertaining three different age levels.  "I wanna play tag." "But..But..I wanna play hide & seek." "The baby messed up my game..."

I did some pre-planning and did my that w best to keep all three boys content.


When I was tired of seeing the boys on their "Ipads", I decided to suit all the boys up (in Connor's suits & dusty water diaper), we packed our diaper bag & stroller, and ventured up to our water fountain play area.  

All was well on our walk up to the play area...until Michael accidentally broke his water blaster and was not thrilled that Connor still had a functioning one...If only I would have packed a  back up water blaster for each child in the event one malfunctioned, I would have been a complete success.  Sheesh!

We got up to the fountains & all three boys got wet right away.  This was when my sweet Connor came up to me to tell me he now had to go potty.

Really?! All three children were content in the water & now I'd have to dry all of them off, so we could all walk to the restroom.  I was relieved to finally have all boys playing, so I couldn't risk upsetting one by removing them from the water area.  I did what any crazy Mom would do when no one is looking...

I told Connor to just go stand in the corner and go potty inside his suit.  He looked at me wondering what the heck happened to the Mom he knew, then did what I told him.  Sweet boy...not discrete at all... thrusting his hips forward and innocently staring at his potty running down his legs...

No neighbors were around to witness this awful occurrence, so that pretty much means it never happened.

  

We tried imaginative play in the fountains for a bit, but the boys wore tired of that after a bit.  We dried off and I wrangled all the monsters into the locker room to change into dry clothes.  Michael introduced Connor to the Sauna Room while I was changing Landon, where the boys got a kick out of the soundproof room where they could turn the lights on and off of all by themselves.  Little things thrill them sometimes...
After we made it home & the boys were picked up, I felt a sense of accomplishment (and huge wave of exhaustion).

When Friday rolled around, Connor never misses a change to hit the kiddie gym for open preschool play time.  He rocked the balanced beam like an Olympian.

We hit the fountains another time that week all by ourselves.  It was a lot easier with just one!

I could eat up that face.  I already kiss his squishy cheeks all day.  Oh my, I love this kid.

We do the "off to school" thing every Tuesday & Thursday, but this past Thursday--he looked so grown up all of a sudden.  Wearing a backpack ages him a good two years. Never again! :)

When we woke this morning, I was sure Connor would tell me it was time to go to the gym.  To my surprise, Connor told me he'd prefer to do something else fun.  Pressure was on for me to find something exciting for my boy.  I decided on a nice change of pace...and we headed to the Naples Children's Museum.

We hadn't been there since our trip with Ryder & the kids last year, so Connor had a different outlook on everything at this age.

He wasn't amused with all the things that we did last year, so I was beginning to worry inside that Connor would be bored here...

but we found OCD heaven in the grocery store station & we were golden!  Connor spent a good 45 minutes sorting fruits & veggies and placing them on their specific conveyor belt (to send them to the grocery store, so the shoppers could buy them).  He was quick to instruct the participating children that each food had its own special place & to not mix them up. 

We finished with the sorting and grabbed a cart for grocery shopping.

Here he is checking his eggs to make sure none are cracked before buying.
(Guess he's been watching me closely at the grocery store).

The fishing station was also a hit!  Connor kept reeling in fish & made sure to hold each one up for a picture. He's trained pretty well :)

Despite the fact that it was rather chilly outside, that didn't stop C from diving into the water tables.

Connor grasped the "Being a Reporter" station better this time, but he chose to just bust out in song.

Although this photo doesn't have sound, just imagine him singing the lyrics to Veggie Tales theme song.

"...If you like to talk to tomatoes...If a squash can make you smile..."

He was a hoot!  We got about 3 hours of play time in before heading home.

So now I'm sitting here blogging wishing I was napping...and C's quiet time is apparently expired because he's requesting we go hide his Toy Story friends.  Mom duty calls!

Until next blog...

No comments: