Sunday, July 6, 2014

Noah's 1st boat ride!

I found Connor to be a 'tough'  baby.  He surprised me when he was happy as a clam in his life jacket on the boat.  I find Noah to be a pretty 'easy going' baby.  He, to my surprise, was not a big fan of the life jacket.

Funny how that works.

We all had a great time on the boat today though!  It was a beautiful day.  I was counting down the seconds until I had Connor home with me again (I kid you not).  Once we picked him up, we headed to the boat ramp to meet Nana & Papa.  A little sun, fishing, fast boat riding, and sand dollar hunting in the water was just what we needed.  

This kid needed a distraction from his life jacket.  The bait well always does the trick with kids.

Big man in a little jacket...


My sweet boy and his absolute favorite person (next to me, of course)...his Nana!

Papa set us up on a great spot where the boys could get in the water & it was pretty shallow.  Within a few minutes, Papa discovered we were on a sand dollar jackpot!  

C totaled 74 sand dollars at one point!  He was thrilled to just keep picking them up and launching them in the water.  We have quite a few bright yellow fingers and toes to show for it!



This kid was back to his easy self once the life jacket was off!

After lunch, Matt & Noah joined in on the sand dollar adventures in the water.

Like no surprise, once the motor was running on our way in, this little guy was out like a light in a matter of seconds!

Fun comparison...
Connor at 5 months old on his first ride in Papa's boat.
Noah at 9 months old on his first ride in Papa's boat.

Life jackets make great pillows.

Big thanks to Nana & Papa for a very therapeutic day on the water!

No comments: