Sunday, February 15, 2015

Our Valentine's Day

Matt & I joke about how Valentine's Days just aren't as they were pre-children.

Our day was spent at Saturday basketball (Matt stayed home with Noah since game overlapped Noah's nap time).  I took Connor & his buddy, Michael, to see the new SpongeBob movie in the late afternoon, while Matt took Noah to the pet store & the park. We then finished off our night with a quick family dinner at a pizza restaurant, ran through Publix for a few grocery items, then a late night of shooting hoops with the neighbors.  It wasn't really candy hearts and mushy love stuff, but it was a fun, busy day with our boys.

The highlight of the day: My adorable 6 year old made his first basket in his game!  I cheered, fought back happy tears, and was SO happy to seem him SO happy!  We talked about how great it was the whole day.  C would just randomly say, "Can you believe I made that basket?!" or "I made the basket & it was a swish!"  We will forever remember Connor's first basket was on Valentine's Day!


It was team picture day, but we had a few kids come in after the team got their picture.  We had one player in tears for missing it, so I swooped in to get another team shot once they were all there.


The kids all griped for having to get team pictures, so I had them show me how they really felt with their expressions.  Connor's animated 6 year old team.


C & his best bud.
 

We were all riding high on the joy from Connor's basket!  Some of Connor's biggest fans (besides me), were with me!  Nana & Papa always seem to be there for C's big days!  We love them so!


Silly smiles & giggles with the cool b-baller

I squeezed in a picture with my boys on Valentine's Day before we headed out for our movie.  About 2 seconds after this was taken, Noah wanted nothing to do with being held & drove for the grass.  Connor wasn't looking in the picture, but hey, it's the best we got.


After a loooooong week of being with the kids (and watching random neighbor children) while Matt was in California for work, it was nice to have a happy day with all my boys!

No comments: