Saturday, June 25, 2016

Celebrating the life of my Grandma

Today we celebrated the life of my Grandma Couchman.  It was a day full of tears, laughs, love and family time.

My grandma didn't fit the mold of the 'typical grandmother.'  She never knitted me anything that I can remember or passed down any recipes.  Instead, she taught me how to do the splits for my junior varsity cheerleading tryouts.  I did the splits one time in my entire life at tryouts to make the squad & it was all after she helped me.  She never missed a holiday or birthday.  She was Aaron Neville cassette tapes in the car, humming to any song, dessert lover, squishy hugs, house slippers, frequent cruiser, and my biggest blog fan.

I don't know if it hurts more to lose my grandmother or to see my mom lose her mom.  She passed away before we were ready.  She 'danced' her way into people's hearts & she will be greatly missed my many.

Having all of our family together definitely made the day a little brighter. 























No comments: