Thursday, June 16, 2016

If toddlers ruled the world...

Noah & I took our first road trip together and ventured to Mount Dora for a quick stay with my dear friend, Rachel.  Rach's husband was working a 24 hour shift at the fire station & loves company.  I am missing my Connor horribly as he's gone for 10 days, so needed to stay busy.  We thought it was the best time to get together!  

The car ride was close to four hours of kid music and hunting for alphabet letters on road signs, but it actually was a very enjoyable ride together!  

I didn't know what to expect with Noah sleeping away from home, but he went to sleep fine in a Pack N Play (after going all day without a nap & being exhausted).  He was asleep by about 9:15pm and I fell asleep in the same room shortly after.  I received a phone call from my homesick Connor at 10pm, so I tried to wake myself quickly, talk quietly enough to not wake Noah next to me & help make Connor feel comfort.  I was mentally prepared for loading up & driving all the way to him the moment Connor said he needed me, but we were able to talk & he settled for bed that night okay.  From that phone call on, I was now awake & my mind was all over the place.  Noah woke about a half hour later, so I plopped him on the air mattress with me and he snoozed the rest of the night.  I survived on caffeinated beverages the next day!

It was a trip all about toddler fun & it was great to see our boys interact with one another.  With two moms and two toddlers, it was a great dynamic where we both understood each other & worked as a team to corral the beasts when needed!



The boys are a year apart in age, but are basically the same size!











Although it's nice to see Noah enjoy his regular 3 hour naps in his crib at home again, we are SO glad we made the mini trip!  We ventured all over in a small amount of time & the kids had such a great time together.

Now, hurry the heck up, Monday.  I need my Connor home again!

No comments: