Monday, January 10, 2011

What's up

What's been up with us...well...LOTS!
May not seem like a lot by the photos, but Connor's been busy. Playdates, park dates, smoothies (a new favorite), Kaylee's 2nd birthday party, luxurious baths in a new tub, and hanging at Nana & Papa's. I'll let the pictures tell the stories...
These 2 two year olds had a great time cooking up some yummies in Kaylee's play kitchen last week. Connor did his famous "Mmmm" while Kaylee did all the cooking. They were like an old fashioned couple...
Just a random shot of the smirf. It's funny how I went from having about 20 pictures of Connor a day when he was a baby and practically immobile. Now, I'm lucky to get one good shot of him that's not blurred while he's in motion! He has really sprouted up lately...looking taller and leaner...and starting to grow into his head, hands, and feet! :) I love his little man build when he doesn't have a shirt on...like tiny man muscles. This picture captures his tiny scar on his upper chest too. Can't believe his surgery was just over a year ago. Scary how fast time flies.
As Jimmy B would say "The weather is here. I wish you were beautiful!"
The weather has to be just chilly enough to fully enjoy Liam park (since the lack of shade and direct sunlight seem to make that park roast in the heat). The weather was perfect. We had the park all to ourselves!
I always look at this contraption and wonder "What parents let there kids on that thing?!" It looks like an injury waiting it happen...Well...guess which dare devil kid decided to give it a try! Connor put his climbing skills to the test and jumped right on. I was hanging near him the entire time, but he did awesome.
Matt snapped me a few shots from up top :)
My monkeys!
Pretty sure I got a "Cheeeeeese" out of Connor for this picture. I L-O-V-E to hear words!!!!!!!
I've also become quite discouraged in the kitchen these days. Mr. Picky Eater (no idea where he gets that from.... ;) ) makes it so hard to try new foods. I want to make sure he's getting his veggies and fruits, so I've been busting out the good ol' Magic Bullet to make some smoothies. We use bananas, strawberries, blue berries, raspberries, black berries, low fat yogurt, and a baby food jar. I still keep baby food stocked (the half fruit/half veggie combos), refrigerate them, and serve them as "apple sauce" to Connor still to sneak in those veggies whenever I can! Since I have yet to make a smoothie that Connor doesn't like, I'm gonna venture out and toss in a few veggies with his fruit to see if he'll take the bait!!! :)

This past Saturday was Little Miss Kaylee's 2nd birthday. Connor has googly eyes for this little girl and never misses a chance to give her a hug when he sees her! Connor had a great time trying to keep up with the big boys, tossing bean bags, climbing the swingset, and endulging his a few cupcakes :). I love how his face lights up when people start singing "Happy Birthday!" I'm pretty sure he assumes that it's always his birthday and knows to look for cake!
Trying to give his hug to the birthday girl
Super Connor on the big boy swing!
The birthday girl!
One of my favorite gifts this year was a surprise from my parents--they had my bathroom painted for me while I was at work right before Christmas! I was so surprised and thrilled, since its the one room I never had painted (and so badly wished I had). With the bathroom feeling a little more pretty, I've decided to hang out in there a little more. Connor got to take a luxurious bubble bath in Mommy's tub (and has every night since this time). He loves the extra room to splash and the new view! I've also found that one of the greatest bath toys is a bar of soap! Shaped like a rock, cleans you while you play...it's Connor's new fave! :)
We spent some time hanging out at Nana & Papa's last weekend and enjoyed the weather as we played in the rocks, on the swing, and tried out his new bike from Christmas (the photos will be loaded later from my phone camera since my digital camera battery died just before his venture out on his bike).



I need to get in gear for our professional photos in 9 days! Hair cuts, outfits ready, no bumps or bruises hopefully beforehand....wish us luck! :)

No comments: