Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mish-Mosh-Hodge-Podge

Unorganized...

Long overdue...

Here is our Mish-Mosh-Hodge-Podge of pictures from the past two weeks...

Day after Busch Gardens trip.
Family reunion at beautiful beach/park in St. Pete.



Road trip with Papa, Mommy & Matt to Chokoloskee for our annual Seafood festival family gathering! The festival is the least exciting part about the day...it's more about the trip to Dad's "Fishing Villa" and hanging with family/friends! Connor enjoyed collecting shells, rocks, and cruising around on the golf cart with Papa!


It was one-hot-day! For those who have not packed up and traveled an hour and a half to the small world of Chokoloskee, the Seafood festival consists of decent live music, WAY too many people in close quarters on a HOT day, lots of tacky redneck booths, enough motorcycles to declare it Bike Week, ridiculously expensive beer, and quite a few people who drank way too much of it. If I enjoyed seafood, I may opt to wait in the Disney World-length-lines to buy some! Although I sound like quite the Debbie-Downer and Negative-Nancy, it's a great time to enjoy the company of family and friends!




After we enjoyed a peaceful, restful drive home with a sleeping toddler by my side for an hour and a half, we met up with the Sears fam for supper. Connor & Kaylee adore "Mr. Charlie" aka "Papi" and it was the cutest thing to watch them both hold his hand as they walked out of the restaurant!


After a loooooooong day, we finally made it home. While I took a few minutes to unload and get settled in, I walked out of my room to find this adorable image down the hallway. I love my boys :).


A few days later, I managed to disassemble Connor's toddler crib bed (all except a few screws that required the handy man (aka Papa) work of an Allen wrench...and no, I'm not sure if that's how you spell Allen wrench...and no, I'm not embarassed to say I don't know how to use one!). I did succeed at converting Connor's changing table to a dresser, moved it across the room, moved his mattress into place, and set up his new Big Big boy full sized bed!

I really shouldn't reveal Connor's new room since it's not completed yet, but who knows how long it will be before my next blog post, so here ya have it for now!

Before judging picture:
1. Until I can put a bed frame under Connor's bed, his nasty box frame will be viewable instead of his lovely bedskirt. It'll be pretty soon, I promise!

2. The shelves over Connor's bed have come down, as I have this fear that they will fall on him while he's sleeping...new light weight artwork that matches his bedding will be arriving soon.

3. Connor's white name letters will be coming down as soon as his new animal letters arrive from the wonderful land of Etsy.com.

Connor's room as it currently appears now...


(I tried desperately to find a big big boy bedding set that would tie into the wall paint that I already have in his room to avoid having to paint again...this frame matches perfectly. Home Goods--$9.99. I love it!


Here are the new name letters that will appear on Connor's wall in 8-12 business days! (FYI: It will read CONNOR instead of PARKER) :)


Here's Mr. Big boy on his even bigger bed! Please look closely toward the right side of his bed to find Mr. turtle. Mr. turtle was Mommy's desperate attempt at helping Connor to stay in his bed at night, without the assistance of Mommy curling up next to him. He loves the turtle...but its no replacement for Mommy's company...do you blame him?! ;)


Here's what Mr. turtle does (all over his walls & ceiling)...


Jumping forward a few days...
Matt had a group project for one of his management courses based on Cold Stone Ice cream and how they are successful. Since Matt had never been to a Cold Stone, we thought it would be a great excuse to go! Before dessert, our first stop was Wendy's (great place to go with a toddler when no one else is in the restaurant!). Connor had fun hopping in and out of the booth & playing peek-a-boo in the display windows.



After supper, we headed over to Cold Stone. Connor and I shared a kiddie ice cream then it was a matter of minutes before Connor was attacked with a sugar high!

Although it may appear like the boys are doing the Irish Jig, Connor was running circles around Matt. Seriously, my child could run a marathon...and still not be tired!



Haha! Love this picture! Here are my boys giving their "Cheeeeeese" smiles!


Connor was SO full of energy!


For your viewing pleasure, enjoy Mr. Sugar high being a goofball in Cold Stone!

No comments: