Wednesday, January 25, 2012

# 0

We made it through our first basketball game and let me just tell you...
It was the best laugh I've ever had that early in the morning! :)
I didn't know what to expect with Connor since he's usually very hot and cold during practice, but BOY was I delightly surprised with how much he loved it! The court was longer than I expected, so the kids got to run back and forth between the hoops. Since Connor is a natural born track star, he was in HEAVEN with all the "brun, brun, running!" He loved it so much that when the game was over, he was the lone red team member running around going "More?!"
Connor's 1st official sports # happens to be the big ZERO! Might be tough to make that his official # for years to come, but for now, it suits him well!

P.S. It completely melted my heart when Connor would seek me out in the crowd and run over to give me an excited hug randomly throughout the game. He was so proud of himself! If only he hugged me in mid game forever :).

One of the precious members of the Red Team with his game face on!

You just watch me. You haven't seen skills before until you check #0 out!

The Red Team practicing offensive skills before the game.

Then onto their defensive skills... :)

It wasn't long into the game, before Connor had a chance to make his first shot! It was hilarious to see the older kids on Connor's team dribble nicely across the court, while Connor just ran fast with the ball in hand! :)

"I did it!"

(with a big high five from the Coach)

And off they go again...

They're really started to get the defensive moves down. It's pretty much like this...

You either have the basketball...or your hands are up in the air...

They're slowly grasping the concept of the game :)

"Doing great, bud! Keep it up!"

Not sure what the official score was, but we consider it a victory!

"1, 2, 3...Go Red Team!"

Showing good sportmanship with the other team. Connor just stood there while the others walked his way. We'll have to work on that concept for next week :)


(P.S. Big thanks to Auntie Nicole & Ryder's Mama, Danielle, for game photos!!)

1 comment:

Brost Family said...

OMG, I can't handle it! The hugging totally made me cry, that is the cutest/sweetest thing ever!