Friday, August 8, 2014

July/August

The days have mushed together.  We've had our highs full of giggles and fun, as well as our lows of sprouting 3 teeth at once, a double ear infection, and a lacerated frenulum (busted top lip).  Our nights have been a giant hot mess and I am pretty sure my initial idea of weaning Noah off his night nursing sessions is pretty comical at this point.  We shall push through this sickiness faze and get our happy-go-lucky baby back!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my adorable boys together.  It just makes my heart smile.  Pretty sure I'm going to frame this for my bathroom counter to look at each morning.

My neighborhood held a Kid Camp at the end of July for 3 days.  I talked Connor into doing it with his neighbor friend, Michael.  The head of the camp approached me on Day 2 to tell me he was so incredibly impressed with how wonderful Connor was--listening so well and taking time to help teach others & tell them how great of a job they were doing.   It was a proud Mom moment for me.


We spent some time at Mitch & Michelle's house that weekend.

Smiles with Uncle Justin

Noah couldn't get enough of their dogs.
 

This little stinker whines the moment he plops in his carseat if he's not distracted with a toy, but if you stick him in the front seat...he is all smiles!

I understand what Mom & Dad meant by the 'Katie Face.'  Noah has same mischievous look that my little sister had when she was a baby.  Noah tends to just glance back at you with a little sneaky smirk before he does something he shouldn't.  I think we're in trouble with this one. 

Swing time while big bro plays on the playground

Happy 10 months to the Noah Monster!  He's inching closer and closer to walking.  He attempted a few times to let go and walk, but slowly topples before he takes more than one step.  He sprouting teeth constantly (we went from 1 to almost 5 rather quickly) and drooling like crazy.  He's wearing mostly 18 months size clothing, more for the length and less for the width.  He's more opinionated lately, fussing when he can't get things he'd like (ex. Connor's playstation controllers, remotes, food, any cup with a straw, etc).

While Noah's growing fast, so are my adorable nephews!  Ohhh those cheeks!!

I bought this entertainer not too long ago in my attempt to contain the monster for a short amount of time.  Noah has a tendency to crawl as fast as he can to crawl up my leg and whine until I hold him.  It makes cooking supper or helping Connor with something kinda tough at times.  Noah is willing to go into his entertainer about half the time!

Mr. Trouble likes to wallow all over the couch.

We've ventured to the Lowes workshops for Connor, but we tried out Home Depot's last weekend.  Connor made his own pencil box (hammered each nail all on his own).  He was cuter than anything all focused on painting his box.  At one point, he noted, "...just a few final touches..."  He's all grown up, but still stinking precious at times!

Our neighbors' little girl turned one & we all enjoyed her birthday party at our clubhouse.  Connor is good buddies with her brother, Michael, so he got to play with the big kids while Noah enjoyed crawling all over with the balloons.

The big kids!

Monster giggles

He just looks so little to be standing.  It's just weird to me.

The birthday girl and my little goob

Last Tuesday, Nana joined us for a trip to Jumping Jack's.  They had a little area for babes...

And bounce houses for Peewee.  He spotted a new game & I'm pretty sure he was thrilled to be able to play it!  Anything Batman still excites him!

And this is when things started to go south...
Noah's nights were becoming rough.  He was up 4-5-6x!  I thought it was his ridiculous teething all at once, but then he started tugging at his ear.  After a few days of trying tylenol, he was still grabbing his ear, so we headed on in to the Dr. to check things out.  Sure enough, he has a double ear infection.  I'm holding off on the antibiotics for a few days still since they're just mild infections.  Antibiotics always tour Connor's tummy up when he was little, so I would really like to avoid making things worse for Noah!

We had to sneak in a special Happy Birthday to Auntie Katie while at the Dr!

Then that evening, after bathtime, me and the boys were playing in my room.  Noah was just standing on the floor, holding onto the wood frame of my bed.  He managed to lose his balance, bonk his mouth on the wood, and fall back onto the floor.  He screamed pretty hard.  Once the blood started to show from his mouth, I got a little nervous.  The blood mixed with drool looked like quite a bit flowing from his mouth.  I sent big brother to grab a 'boo-boo-bear' and I tried to sop up my pour baby's drooly mess.  Noah's nostrils were now slightly tinged with blood.  Every time I tried to flip Noah's lip up to get a peek of the wound, he'd just scream harder.  I started to really worry that he may need stitches, so I made the executive decision to load the boys up & head to the Urgent Care Center (which was 15 minutes away and was closing in 15 minutes!).  Noah was starting to fall asleep easily, so I told Connor his job was to keep his brother awake.  Sweet Connor was in the backseat going, "Stay awake, Noahs! WAKE UP!!"  Matt was surprising me with takeout from Carrabba's at the time, so I had him meet me at the Urgent Care Center & hopefully get there before us to tell them to please stay open!  While driving, I called my Nurse Practitioner amazing sister on her birthday to get medical advice.  It reassured me he'd more than likely be fine and not need stitches, but we still went to Urgent Care just for some peace of mind before I put Noah to bed that night.  It turned into a family adventure as 3 out of 4 of us sat there in our pajamas.  Noah was fine and a 'lacerated frenulum' is actually very common.  My poor baby!

I made Matt take a picture to document Noah's first 'emergency' visit.  These were our faces of defeat.  If I didn't smile, I would have cried after the tornado of a day I had. Good times.

And that brings us to today.  Noah is still not himself, but he's slowly getting better.  
Matt's in MA for his cousin's wedding.  I'm currently sitting up blogging at almost midnight, listening to Noah wake off and on via the monitor and trying to stay strong to let him fuss-it-out and go back to sleep.  We're on wake #5 since bedtime already & I haven't even gone to sleep yet.  We'll all get sleep again someday.  Haha.

Ok.  I'm about to cave and go help Noah to back to sleep.

Night!

No comments: