Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A long week leads to a very happy heart

After we returned from our 4th of July family trip, we tried to soak up as much fun together, knowing that in a few days Connor would be gone for a week.  

We had a fun family bounce house and snow cone event at our clubhouse.  Every hot trip to the pool should end with a snow cone.  The boys loved it!


The next morning we ventured to the park early, then were the first happy customers for ice cream at Orange Leaf at 11am.  Who says you can't have ice cream before lunch?!  They have a giant sized Connect 4 game, so we spent a good 1/2 hour playing there while Noah got a joy out of spinning their rotating table tops.

Then Wednesday morning came all too soon.  Connor packed up and headed out for 7 nights.

Seven long nights.

While he was away, my littlest Monster was all into using the potty.  We only had success on 'naked days' where he frolicked around the house in the buff.  He averaged 4-6 successful potty trips per day.  It was great progress, yet a pain to have to stay around the house & make frequent trips to the frog potty to avoid a dreaded puddle somewhere in the house.  It was a lot like house training a puppy.

The hardest, yet funniest, part is after Noah would go potty, he'd look up and smile.  I'd cheer, then have to grab hold of his potty before he picked it up himself to carry it into the bathroom to dump it into the real toilet.  Too many times, Noah would go potty on his own, then proudly drag his potty to the bathroom exclaiming, "Yay," all while spilling his potty all down the hallway.

Mommy did lots of cleaning this week.

After receiving a phone call on Day 2 with my crying C wanting to come home, I got a special visit with him Friday night for a few hours.  I was so happy to have him home (even if it was for a short while) to break up the long week apart.

Then for the next 5 days, Noah would ask for "Don-nah" and look for him around the house.  I tried my best to stay busy to help pass the time.  I had a few photo sessions, which was such a blessing.  I also took on the mission of updating C's room from Star Wars to a fishing room. 

Then this morning, Noah and I were up bright & early to pick up Connor.  When we were reunited, my sweet C cried happy tears & said "I'm SO excited to go home.  I missed you so much."  Goodness, I love this boy.

We have spent most of the day just basking in our normalcy once again.  Noah calls for "Don-nah" and just wants to be near him.  Connor just tells us how much he missed us & that he hopes to never go away again.  The boys are so happy to be together once again.
And I--I can sleep at night again.


No comments: