Friday, November 6, 2015

Sometimes...

Sometimes...just sometimes...I take my camera out with my kids in hopes of getting just a few photos of them.

I knew I needed to get a few photos now, because 

1. The crazy rush of Christmas photo sessions is about to start

2. I opted to not buy school pictures of C since I knew I could save the money & do it myself

3. I am way overdue for cute pictures of my own boys together

4. I know I have a tiny time frame before C's front teeth grow back in and I wanted to always remember his toothless grin

I only had tonight open this week to get some pictures & with the time change, I knew I needed to get pictures done before 5:45pm.  I figured Matt would be there to help me wrangle the boys and keep tabs on Noah, but when he got called into a late meeting, I decided to tackle to mission alone.

While I couldn't get Noah to smile with Connor, I still managed to catch them being super cute together along our nature trail walk.  Noah didn't fall through any of the large openings along the boardwalk into the swamp and C was the sweetest, most patient child the whole time, so it was definitely a success!

(Noah refuses to hold anyone's hand 99% of the time, but he will hold C's hand.  They are becoming best buddies.)


Oh, the weird, silly words I have to say during pictures with C to avoid the cheesy face & get his real smile to come through!

My almost 7 year old.  He's my little boy one moment, then looks so grown up the next.  It's a very strange transitional age he's in right now.

Scoping out the fish and turtles, while I pray the moment I try to step back to get a few pictures, Noah doesn't fall through the huge openings into the lake!

Love these little moments.

C was so proud that he could carry Noah all by himself.  It would have been an opportune time to get Noah to smile next to C, but...nope.

Oh, but I got one smile.  Looking and smiling is way too much to expect at this age.

We ended the night at Chickfila and it was pretty close to perfect.  The boys played beautifully together, C helped Noah up through all the steps/tunnels, and I sat and watched them together.  

It was a great night with my boys!

No comments: