Friday, December 4, 2015

C's b'day!

Since my b'day never fell on a school day ever, I wasn't familiar with how much effort/expense goes into a child's birthday during the school year.  Connor's birthday fell on a Wednesday this year & I was a fool to think we could celebrate it 'simply' this year.  Ha!  I thought we could just do cupcakes with his class and something special that night, but my sweet boy said his birthday wouldn't be the same without a family party.  So his birthday festivities went on all week...

The weekend before the fair came to town (literally 5 minutes from our house), so we thought we'd start the b'day weekend off with a bang!  The boys had fun on ump-teen rides, while Matt & I realized that we aren't as young as we used to be & found some rides rough on our stomachs!

Since we've pretty much done it all with birthday parties, C & I decided picking a few friends and going to see a movie would be a fun alternative.  Although after movie tickets, snacks for all kids, and money to play arcade games afterwards turned into the cost of a full fledged party, it was really nice to have it low key & more intimate.  Connor's buddy, Michael, wasn't pictured, but he made it late after his morning soccer game.  The little stooges in theater had fun watching the new Charlie Brown movie.

After the movie 'party,' we headed home to our family get together.  We drafted up a fun 'how well do you know Connor' game and I think C loved being the center of attention for the game.

Then the morning of C's real birthday, we had to make it feel extra special as well!

We had the traditional birthday cupcake for breakfast before school.

I dropped C off at school, ran to pick up cupcakes at Publix, ran home to get myself presentable, ran back to McDonald's to pick up a Happy Meal, and met C for lunch at school with his class.  Noah may have eaten half of C's lunch and caused me to dump 1/2 the cupcakes upside down on the way, but we just rolled with it!  C was proud to have his baby brother there.

We were even allowed to stay after lunch to have recess with Connor!  Noah was SO thrilled to have Connor and his friends following him around on the playground.  Connor loved having us there!  It was a glimpse into my future with Noah in school & I can totally see Noah being the kid that hops out of the car & says, "Bye!" as he heads into school without me.  Noah could have easily stayed at school for the rest of the day without me!  

We topped off the night with a trip to Chuck E Cheese.  It was a marathon week & I can sadly, yet happily say his birthday is now over!

No comments: