Friday, November 19, 2010

Birthday fun!

Holy Moly was Connor's birthday a busy busy busy day! We tried to squeeze in as much fun as we possibly could! I'll let the pictures tell the story...


"Tomorrow's my birthday! Tomorrow's my birthday!!"




Rise & shine, birthday boy!!
I could just eat up his 'morning sleepy face'--he is so precious!


"Seriously Mom?! I'm hangin' with my buddies. What's with the camera this early?!"



Once he was up, it didn't take long before he spotted it...
His new basketball hoop!!!!!




"Shoot! Swoosh!"


After shooting some hoops, we were onto breakfast. Connor's Mickey pancake (which he mauled before I had the camera ready so I tried to put him back together for a picture...) was delicious! My growing boy requested three Mickey pancakes!


We got word that "Connor's got mail!" from Matt, so we had to go check it out! Connor (and I) got a huge kick out of his cat that sang "Happy Birthday!"


Connor liked it so much, we watched it a good 15 times!


My big boy!!!


We decided to go for a neighborhood drive in Connor's new car (hand-me-down from my wonderful neighbors). Connor thought it was fun to buzz by the garbage men collecting the neighbor's trash...Woo hoo!


We then parked his car & headed down to toss some rocks into the drain. Oh, the excitement!!!


Nana arrived & we were ready to head to story time at the library!
(This is Connor's face when I ask for a hug. He turns his cheek to mine, puckers his lips, and pulls me in close!)


Nana usually takes Connor to story times when I'm at work, so I was excited to tag along for the fun this time! The woman reading the story basically whispered, so the room of little ones (and my monster child) barely paid her any attention. It was more fun seeing the other kiddies wondering around! After story time, we loaded up on new DVDs and books to check out!


Then we were off to the only place "Where a kid can be a kid!"...Chuck E Cheese's!!
FYI to parents out there: Be sure to sign up your kiddie on Chuck E Cheese's website to receive coupons & the oh-so-nice 20 free token voucher on your child's birthday!
We enjoyed free rides and games :)

"Weeeeee"


After Chuck E's, we headed to our favorite playground hot spot of McDonald's for lunch & play time. No great photo op's at that time, so just use your imagination....we ate, Connor played, he pooped, we left! :)

After a looooooooooong nap, we packed up & headed over the Nana & Papa's for supper!
Before supper time, we got to squeeze in a neighborhood cruise on Papa's bike.



Parking our bikes in the garage led us to the planter full of rocks. The planter full of rocks led Connor down to the canal. The canal apparently screams for rocks when we're there and Connor MUST feed it! :) Connor heaved a good 20 rocks into the water, then we headed up to the house for supper. To our surprise, Connor had a fancy new ride waiting for him in the house...



"Nana...Papa...you're the best!"


Hugs for Connor's new horse :)


This picture is not flattering to either of us, but I had to include it. This is the best and only picture I have of Connor with his cake.

My face reads: "Oh dear Lord. Terrible two tantrums. Awesome."
Connor's face reads: "GIVE ME SOME CAKE NOW!!!!


The ever-so-bipolar-happy-kid once he received his cake.


I couldn't help, but snap this photo. New jammies. New toy. New age. Same great toosh!

No comments: