Monday, November 1, 2010

Connor's ALL EARS!

So...My plan for Connor to be a duck didn't go as well as I'd hoped. My Plan B of Mickey Mouse was such SUCCESS!! I am so glad Mickey's costume worked out better, because Connor looked adorable! Connor's best buddy, Kaylee, was Minnie Mouse, so it could not have been any more perfect! Our Halloween evening was quite a whirl-wind! It went a little like this...

The crew of about 11 people filled my house.
Connor was up fresh from a nap, but had no problem running around like a mad man after the kiddies.
We all slowly migrated to the kitchen to scarf pizza & feed the kids.
Connor yelled "Mmmm" after every bite to suck up all the attention in the room!
Cleaned kids off.
Suited them up in costumes.
Connor refused to keep "ears" on.
I was on photo duty, hostess duty, and Mom duty, so I was trying to keep my focus on what I needed to do to successfully get out the door for trick-or-treating.
We tried pinning Connor's hands down, so we could get photos of ears.
Phone photos were promised to Matt & Katie, so I was trying to get those done.
I decided I wanted Connor to have a "nose," so Nana/Papa helped wrangle Mr. Mickey while I quickly crafted one.
All Connor wanted to do was hug on Kaylee and chase Austin!
I quickly gathered candy bucket for Connor, an extra diaper, camera, house keys, and my sanity before moving everyone into the front yard for pictures.
Praise Kerri (Austin & Kaylee's mom) for being my right-hand-man with extra snacks/etc.
We headed door-to-door with the crew of family, kiddies in wagons, and cameras flashing the whole way.
We made it around the block successfully!
Once we were done trick-or-treating here, we loaded up & headed to Nana & Papa's for round two!
Connor was so stinkin adorable in his costume & I could not get enough of him!
He had a blast!
I did really well keeping him from having too much candy (a lollipop & bite of kitkat were only allowed).
I'm gonna keep him from 'candy' as much as possible :)

Enjoy the oodles of pictures!

*Sorry for the rambling...I had literally 26 minutes to compose this post, since I'm working in Connor's "Special Agent Oso" show window of 10:00am to 10:30am. :)


My Mickey!!


Hugs for Kaylee!


More love for Kaylee....(love her get out of my personal space look on her face)


One of many attempts to get a picture with the ears before they are ripped from his head!


More lovin' for Kaylee


More arm-pinning to keep ears on for picture!


And they're off...


The only shot I have of his cute little tail...


The kiddies!
*Mickey, Minnie, and Spider Monkey from Austin's fave show--"Ben Ten"


Connor giving hugs to Kaylee while Kaylee mauls her brother... :)


More hugs for his Minnie...she could careless!!


Off with those darn ears!!


Back up plan...ball cap & ears! As long as he didn't know they were on his head, he was fine!
(Its his Elmo hat...so he looked like Mickey from the front & Elmo from the back...haha!)


Wagon loading before we headed off to trick-or-treat!


Half way down the block & the kiddies were ready to get out of the wagon...
Two lollipops seemed to keep them seated & occupied!


Haha...love this picture!
Kaylee was excited that she had a Snickers bar in hand! This girl knows chocolate & got so excited when you mentioned the word "chocolate!" Kaylee is definitely ALL GIRL! :)


Trick-or-treating round two at Nana & Papa's house!


Off to see the neighbors...
they were hoping he'd stop by :)
Connor is adored by many!


"One neighbor wasn't home , so instead of candy we grabbed a few ROCKS!"

We had such a great night & Connor was wonderful!
Happy Halloween...now onto Birthday prep in a few weeks...
Ahhh!!

No comments: