Sunday, November 28, 2010

This & That...

Lately, the days have been coming & going. I don't comprehend what day it is, what month it is, how close the holidays are....I'm just basically going through the motions of each day. We've been very busy, but if I sit and think back on the past week, it's all pretty much a blur. I really think there is truth to what I remember someone telling me a while ago--once you become a mom, your brain pretty much goes to mush! Luckily, I manage to capture photos to help me recall our recent happenings around here!

After Connor's party last weekend, we decided to leave the tent up in the back yard (temporarily) for some extra shade while we play outside. For a change of scenery, Connor & I decided to have a lunch date at his new picnic table under the tent. Although I could barely fit my rear on the seat, we enjoyed snitching food from eachother's plates and mac & cheese clean up was never so easy...we just hosed the table (and the child) off :).


When I mentioned that Connor got his pony from his Nana & Papa, I think I failed to explain just how cool this pony really is! Not only can you ride it, it makes galloping noises, you can comb his mane, AND you can feed it a carrot (while he makes chewing/chomping noises). Connor is way more interested in feeding the horse then riding it at this point in time! He sticks the carrot in the horse's mouth, waits for the horse to make his chewing noises, looks over at me, smiles real big & says "Mmmm!" He's quite a character!


When we're home for the day & the walls feel like they're starting to close in on us, I try to think of new, creative things to do. Sometimes the more effort I put in, the more my toddler does NOT want to do what I had planned. Sometimes just hanging out in a different room and playing peek-a-boo in the curtains can be more exciting than a trip to the playground!


This past weekend we ventured (or should I say "Matt ventured") out to put our Christmas lights up! After a few extra trips to Lowe's to get more strings of lights, we were ready to start hanging them. I was definitely taking on way more than I could handle... I was trying to keep my little boy busy/content in the front yard, while trying to keep him in sight at all times. This challenge isn't much of a challenge, unless you throw in the duty of holding the ladder while my honey climbs a good 12 feet high! We made it through though....the child survived, the boyfriend survived, and the lights look mah-velous!


Only in Florida can you find people hanging Christmas lights, singing along to Christmas songs, while playing in their swimsuits!


Mr. Big Man thought the ladder looked way more exciting than his lousy ol' kiddie pool and slide.


We had a two step rule (where Connor could only climb up two steps on the ladder). This rule caused many tears, screaming at the top of his lungs, and a bright red face...Connor could have easily climbed to the very top of this ladder with no fear & no turning back & he could not understand why Matt could do it & he couldn't!




Once the lights were up, we decked out in our game day clothes & got pumped up for the big FSU/UF blowout!!! Auntie Katie & Nana stopped by for a few minutes before the game. Its rare to have Katie in town, so I try to sneak in as many Connor/Auntie pics as I can. It's merely impossible to get Connor to stay still long enough for a posed picture!


Then today, we had a blast at the park. We watched Matt play football, scoped out every drain on the soccer fields, launched every rock known to Jim Jeffers Park into the pond, and got to run every last ounce of energy off on the playground.

No comments: