Friday, December 3, 2010

Santa's little helper...

It has become our yearly holiday tradition to make a trip out to Bass Pro Shop to visit Santa. I am so happy I started taking him there from when he was about a month old, because it's so neat to look back & see how much he's grown each year when we go back (this being year 3 for those of you counting...). The Santa is by far the best Santa I have ever seen...he has the full beard & is so sweet :). What a fun job it would be to be Santa (minus the crying/scared little ones that freak out at the sight of him)!

The atmosphere is so wonderful at Bass Pro too. They had the Christmas music going, gorgeous Christmas trees up throughout the store, a snow station for kids to play in the snow (aka shredded white plastic), game stations to play, a craft area for kids to write Santa a letter, and a free picture with Santa. Talk about a great way to market....those darn folks at Bass Pro are geniuses!

I didn't know if it was too soon to go since it was still November (the 30th), but I was so glad to beat the lines of kiddies (we waited about an hour last year...which seems like an eternity with a young child). Connor could have played in the 'snow' for hours!

Being introduced to snow for the first time...


Then it was onto visit Santa...I was secretly nervous about how the interaction would go this year between Connor and this funny dressed stranger. We began with a get-to-know-you high five!


Then we slowly but quickly plopped Connor on Santa's lap in hopes of a decent picture...Connor's stranger danger set in about this time...*How exactly do we teach our kids that its not okay to talk to strangers...unless, of course, its Santa?!


So into Mom's arms he went...with a rather disgusted look for Santa...


When I went to pick up our picture, the camera guy said he wasn't able to get one. I said "Oh we need one! Even if its terrible...I have to add it to my baby book of yearly Santa photos!" We scurried over to Santa again & I stood with Connor near Santa for a picture. I wasn't about to torture him again and put him on his lap...so the picture wasn't the greatest, but we got one!

Then back to the snow we went...


The poor employees in Santa Land...their day consisted of sweeping up snow particles over and over and over. Connor was keeping them busy...


Then something unexpected happened...
Connor rushed over to get a view of Santa...
He began to look at Santa in a different ligh
t...

"There's Santa, Ma!!"


So we went from saying hey to Santa (aka "That That That!!") to running back to toss a glob of snow particles over his head....then back to say hey to Santa....then repeat....over and over and over...

I think Santa got a kick out of it :)





Once we finally pulled him away from the snow, we were onto to browsing the fish tanks and fisherman products with Papa (and Nana & Mom followed behind).


Bass Pro is such a good idea for a toddler field trip! If only it was closer to home...


"This place is GREAT!"


Scoping out the fish with Papa.




And our attempt at a cute picture by the GI-NORMOUS tree in the store's entry...


Then today, Santa's little helper decided to assist his Nana in chores around the house while Mom was at work...

First he helped collect the trash...


Then he was on to his favorite duty...vacuuming!
(Saying the word "vacuum" in this house is like saying the words "ice cream." If you say it, you better be able to provide it, or you will have one crabby boy on your hands!)






It fills my heart with joy to see my little boy enjoy cleaning :)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I love him!! Im scared of some of the santas too.. I dont blame him haha! You know... If you come visit... he could experience some REAL snow!!

Katie said...

Awww I love the Bass Pro Shop Christmas display! We took Kylie last year with my bro and sis in law and niece. Kylie HATED Santa while my niece sat there and smiled like the little angel she is! HA! Crying pics definitely make for a funny memory though! I am laughing at Connor putting the snow on his head! He could not be any more BOY!! We are moving back to that side of the world NEXT WEEK!! I am SOO excited and we definitely have to get our kiddies together! I know they will love each other! :)