Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blur

The past week feels a lot like a blur.  Every once in a while I have to work all weekend & this was one of those weekends.  When that happens, the weekend doesn't feel like the weekend & my days are all off.  One great thing is that Matt & Connor get extra bonding time when Mama is away.  Sunday was Austin's party & Matt was on munchkin duty.  Tropical storm Debby kept the pool party inside for a while, so Matt helped Connor play Bingo & a fun, very loud balloon popping game.  From all my text message photo updates thoughout my work day, Connor did great at the party!

When I arrived after work, the skies cleared & they were able to swim for a while!
This picture was the best I could get while they were in motion in the pool.  Connor's face reads t-r-o-u-b-l-e as he squeezed the life out of Matt's earlobe (Connor has an odd ear lobe grabbing obsession lately).  Connor's mismatched swimmies add a nice touch as well.  He did so much jumping in and swimming to keep up with the big kids at the party that he sprung a "flat" and needed to replace an arm with one of the spare pink ones.

Connor was overly helpful with making sure Austin (or Connor) had a present to open.  No matter what Austin opened, Connor got all excited and made the "Ooooooo" face :).  See "Ooooooo" face below.

When the party was over, the 3 year old cleaning crew were hard at work.  They took turns spraying the coffee table and wiping it up.  **Spray bottle was full of water.** I'm pretty sure they went through an entire roll of papertowels and the living room was slightly saturated, but kids were content!

Sometime during our blur of the week, Connor joined me on my "Wedding is in 4 months & I have oodles on my checklist" excursion.  We headed out to Coconut Pointe to run a few errands and detoured to the fun castle play area, so Connor could slay a few dragons.

One of our stops was at Target.  In order to get my "wants," I strategically take the long way around the store to grab what I "need" and make a final stop in the toy section.  Connor does great just browsing and never expects to buy anything.  We usually hit the Cars, Toy Story, and Thomas the Train aisles and make sure to avoid the "girl stuff" aisles. :)

Lots of giggles came from the Super hero aisle during this Target trip... 

What made us laugh the most was while Connor was wearing his masks, I was taking pictures while trying to peer through my mask.

Then last night, I found Connor roaming the house covered with my blanket.  I told him he looked kinda like Linus with his blanket dragging behind him.  He was quick to correct me, saying "I'm not Linus, Mom.  I'm Connor."  My mistake :).

Stay tuned for loads of pictures after this coming weekend.  It will be Connor's first official 4th of July fishing tournament.  The good share of the Whitaker clan will be in attendance.  All three of us Whitaker kids participated as kids & it holds great memories for me.  Pretty sure Uncle Craig will be there bright and early, have bait ready, and have the best fishing spot blocked off.  Connor's Columbia fishing shirt is already set out :)

No comments: