Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Like a weed...

I don't know who turned my little boy into a big boy, but it appears like it happened over night!
Life's been extra busy these days and it seems like its been a long time since I just hung around, just Connor and I, and did the simple, fun, free things :).  Connor is at such a great age and he really is my little buddy.  We have great conversations, sweet cuddle time, and oodles of smiles & belly laughs.  Here's a little recap of our recent good times :)

Our official last swim in Nana & Papa's pool before the big move to the new house.  Our pool photos from here on out will be in the "new pool."

Connor jumped in, climbed out, and said he thought his hiney was showing.  Guess his swimsuit was a little bigger than I thought :).

I am beyond proud that Connor has reached the comfort level in the pool to jump in (in the deep end, might I add), go under water without fear, and swim to the side.  He did this a good 20 times before deciding it was time to switch gears & hop in the spa.

We then played a game that involved tossing dive rings into the spa, turning on the jets, and trying to catch them as float to the top with the bubbles.  Connor's imagination had us naming each dive ring, so we could call out the ring's "name" when we found them. 

At one point, Connor said "What color should Rex be?" I told him that "Rex was green, so he could be the green dive ring."  Connor replied with, "Good job, Mama! Rex is green. You're a smart girl!"

He's the cutest child ever...

Our dive ring game was highly entertaining for about an hour!


Connor was excellent during my hair/makeup consult at the salon today (It was only about 10 minutes of going over what I'd like for the wedding, but Connor sat in my lap the whole time.  Quiet and with wonderful manners!  It was a relief and made me proud).  After Connor being so great for me in the salon, I asked him what sounded fun to do afterwards.  He shouted out "Jim Jeffers (aka a local park)!"  So to the park we went...

Some days I think I could do child photography, but I think about it a little more and realize it's Connor that needs to get into child modeling...

Our evening ended with a Mommy-son dinner date consisting of homemade spinach bagel pizzas, apple sauce, and strawberry ice cream for dessert. We usually have our best laughs at the dinner table.


After supper, Connor requested a shower by himself in my bathroom.  He is too adorable with his pretend play in the shower.  He usually races his Lightning McQueen car around the shower, going through tunnels, trying to catch up to Mater, all to win the Piston Cup!  If he gets tired of racing, he'll have me fill up his bucket with sudzy water and he'll give Lightning McQueen a carwash.

I snuck up on him to snap a picture of his nude cuteness!

At this age, I have never laughed so often and been amazed at the darn'dist things that come out of his mouth! :)

No comments: