Sunday, April 14, 2013

Our week

Every week goes by & I honestly think if I didn't take pictures, I couldn't reference anything that happened.  My brain may be mush, but with the help of my camera phone...I'm able to recall our happenings from the past week :)

Wednesday we were blessed with the company of the world's happiest baby~ CJ.  Connor LOVED how easy it was for him to make CJ smile.  I have no doubts that Connor will be an amazing big brother.  He loved picking up CJ's toys, holding his bottle, checking on him in the stroller & while he was sleeping, and scoping out his dirty diapers (why are boys so fascinated with bowel movements?!?!).

This pregnancy has been going by faster than my 1st.  It's probably because I rarely have time to sit down & think about anything!  I am officially in my 2nd trimester, wearing maternity clothes, highly uncomfortable when lying down, and using the potty at all hours of the day.  If I don't have time to think about it, my body is quickly reminding me :)  We find out in a little over a month if C will have a brother or a sister.  I don't care either way...just want to start planning :)

Since I'm feeling larger than life already, I thought I was due for a belly shot.  I don't recall being this big until about 20 weeks with Connor.

Speaking of Connor...
I received this picture mail from my Mom while at work on Thursday.

You can't honestly look at this smile & not smile yourself.
He's my Goob!

And boy, does this kid look forward to his Tues/Thurs afternoons with his Nana.  She's his favorite playmate!

Every Friday night, we try to find something fun to do.  I decided that a trip to the bowling alley would be a nice family activity this week.  Somebody was beyond excited...

C's so big now.  He understood that he needed to wait his turn, got 2 turns each time, and carried/launched his ball all by himself.  Every time Matt bowled (Mommy sat this bowling night out & just served as cheerleader), Connor would high five Matt & tell him "Good game!"  It was pretty hilarious considered Matt bowled pretty bad that night...so it was even cuter to have Connor give Matt sympathy high fives!  We set the boys up to play two games (which was really pricey...sheesh) and when they were done, Connor was not ready to go.  He kept trying to explain to me that we should stay there all night. On the way to the car, Connor was trying to negotiate a way to come back bowling every night.  I think he likes bowling...

If C knocked down 1 pin or 10, he cheered the same way each time!  He'd launch his ball down the lane, start dancing & jumping, then run back.  I caught him mid-jumping dance...

We had a wonderful time & plan to go back again soon.

Connor had already begun convincing me that I should have a bowling birthday party for my birthday (in December, remind you).  He said we could have a bounce house & pizza there too.  Funny kid.

No comments: