Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This week...

We've established a very refreshing nightly ritual of bike riding.  Well, the boys ride their bikes & I try to keep up on foot from behind.  I'm not sure if I'm more afraid to be up on a bike if Peewee wipes out or if my belly will throw off my balance & send me tumbling...but I do enjoy the view from foot & the conversation as I tag along.  Connor jabbers off Matt's ear, asking him how his day was at work, telling about the squirrel he saw to his left, or the survey marker he spotted to his right.  His lips don't stop moving :)


I catch certain glimpses of myself in the mirror & can't believe it.  This was yesterday at work.  I've officially outgrown my scrub shirts & have to wear long tanks with my lab coat from here on out.  My face expresses just about how I'm feeling these days.  16 weeks...and a ways to go!

When I'm feeling down or massive, I consider myself grateful for not being an elephant.  Mama elephants carry their babies for about a year & a half.  Thank you Lord for making my fetus a few ounces instead of a few tons.

Sidenote: We have our important ultrasound appt. on May 8th to check on the baby's development (organs, measurements, etc).  While I'm more nervous about everything being ok, we're excited to find out the gender that day.  I have no guesses and no hopes--I just want to know, so the shopping & baby nursery can get on its way!

The picture below makes me laugh!  This was after our walk down to Nana & Papa's playground/pool for play time before we left their house last night.  I find it so funny that when everyone is saying "Cheese" and making sure the child is standing still & smiling...the child ends up looking great & the adults have the dopey 'cheese face' on.  Thanks Mom & Dad! :)

No comments: