Saturday, June 8, 2013

Guilty

I confess.  I'm a blog slacker.  I'm not taking as many photos and if I do, they're on my phone.  My blogging went from 4 years ago when I'd blog daily to now maybe once a week on a Saturday or Sunday when Connor's not home.  Even then I don't look forward to blogging, because I'm 99.9999% of the time blogging about Connor...and when he's not home with me, it just makes me miss him more.  If I blog during the week when Connor is home, its a rush job to get my blog done, so I can be with him.  I'm hoping I find more time (who are we kidding here?!), more motivation to write, and more effort into my blog postings/photos.  I need to get my rear-in-gear, because once baby #2 arrives, I fear I'm going to crash & burn with my blogging/updates.  I can't let that happen.  This is my baby book for the world (aka close family & friends) to read.  Hopefully now that I admit my problem, I am on the first step to recovery!

So from the past week, we've survived.  Matt's attempt at returning back to work post knee surgery was a flop.  He tried to go back a few weeks earlier than planned & learned quickly his body was not ready for it.  So he's home 24/7 again.  We love eachother--very much so...but we know that we are not the couple that can spend alllllllll day and night together evvvvery day for twooooo weeks straight (plus 4 more until we reach his 6 weeks post surgery status).  We need our alone time, our time to watch what we want to watch on tv, our time to not have to carry on a conversation, etc etc.  With his leg limiting his help around the house, I'm working double (or triple since I'm caring for two boys + rapidly growing another one in my uterus), so I've definitely had my breaking points this week.  It all came barreling down on me last Friday when I learned the meaning of a migraine.  A serious sinus infection migraine.  I would have rather suffered going into labor pains than to have gone through having a migraine while still having to push through the pain & care for two boys.  I tried fighting off the sinus gunk without medicine (I'm anti-medicine during pregnancy), but once the migraines hit---I was literally on the phone with my Dr crying through the pain requesting an antibiotic before the weekend.  The drive to the pharmacy to pick up my antibiotic was pretty rough.  Light hurt--noise hurt--talking hurt.  Try explaining that to a sweet, chatty 4 year old in the backseat.  He saw my tears rolling down my face & my precious child told me he wanted to give me a hug.

So fast forward the week--my sinus gunk is gone, Matt is becoming a little more independent, and I've learned that I may not be able to do it all...and a break to sit down & put my feet up for a few minutes works wonders.

So here I am--22 weeks & counting.  I literally feel heavier than an elephant, but things are looking good.  My blood pressure is still low (my normal), the baby's heart rate is still around 150 bpm (also normal), and I don't have any major complaints (aside from being a heffer, not sleeping, hips hurting at night, peeing non-stop, feeling light headed, becoming winded when I take the stairs, leg cramps at night, slight swelling in my feet, boobs heavier than bowling balls, and a rear end that Connor likes to call "lumpy"). All is well :)  

This week also marks an important day.  Our Matt turned the big 3-5.  Connor and I had a blast making & decorating his b'day cake (Connor decided on a Toy Story/Sesame Street friend theme, as well as making the frosting into the pastel form of the 49ers' colors).  Matt's b'day party was complete with gifts wrapped in our favorite Pooh Bear & Toy Story gift bags.  We decided on the new tradition of being able to eat b'day cake for breakfast.  I mean, really-- we all want to do it, so why not make it a rule! :) Matt blew out his candles, then Connor wanted to have a shot at it, so I re-lit the candles & let Connor blow them out.  Birthday festivities are for kids anyway, right?!?!

I got tickets to the Scooby Doo Live Mystery Musical Show months ago, so Nana & I took our little Scooby fan last night!  What we do to make happy memories for our kids... The show was good, rather long, and had a story line that was rather in depth for a 4 year old, but Connor seemed to enjoy it.  Nana & I hang on to every reaction from Connor...if he's happy, we're happy!

So now its countdown time.  One hour and counting until I can go pick up Connor.  It never gets easier and time usually crawls by on these days, but I'm hoping to find some garbage reality TV to help pass the time.  Wish me luck!

No comments: