Friday, August 9, 2013

Exciting happenings...

While Matt's been away in Ohio, we've been pretty busy!

Monday was the Bachelorette Finale.  It wasn't a huge deal to me, but it was my motivation to practice putting C to bed a little earlier in preparation for VPK early mornings next week.  I got C settled & asleep by 8:45pm.  I hopped in bed to watch some ridiculously mushy reality tv, all to be surprised with Connor in my room by 10:15pm.  His early bedtime seemed to appear as a power nap to him.  This early bedtime prep isn't going to be as easy as I imagined!

Check out the sweet photo I got of the Bo-chelar.

I'd pick him anyday!!

Tuesday was Auntie Katie's birthday!!
Although we didn't get to see her, we will get to celebrate with her next week when she's in town for my Baby Shower.

This is my Mr. Cool Guy when Nana picked him up from school on Tuesday.  He looks forward to his 2 afternoons a week with his Nana.

Wednesday night we got a farewell gift for C's teacher at school, since his last day was Thursday.

Thursday morning was a big day!  It marked C's last day at Noah's Nursery (Mom's Day Out program).  C started last May with his best bud, Ryder, by his side.  C's last day was spent playing with his best bud, Coen.  I was very grateful to have both boys there at different times to serve as a 'crutch' for Connor at school.  Anxious to see who C's new best bud will be in his VPK class.

We dropped our last coins in the "Frog's Mouth" before he went to class.

Sidenote: C & I made this our daily school morning routine to bring a few pennies & watch them whirl around the frog's face.

Then this morning, we went to explore C's new classroom for VPK at orientation.  Connor's new teacher is Mrs. Earp, who seems to be very very sweet & a great fit for C.  Connor is in the "Frog" room & although we don't know any kids in his classroom yet, I'm sure it won't be long before he mingles with his new friends.

It was fun to see Connor's name randomly throughout the classroom.  It kinda made it all seem 'real'.

I did my best to make his class seem amazing, to help relieve Peewee's anxiety.  He settled in quickly when he found the Potato Head bucket.


 C's teacher did a great job setting up the classroom & I look forward to volunteering in his class for future b'day/holidays to see how his days will be.

It's a countdown until his first day of school next Wednesday.  I'm already carrying that Mom anxiety, wondering how he'll do the first day (or first week).  Praying for no tears and a happy, happy experience!

No comments: