Friday, August 2, 2013

Captiva Getaway!

C & I got a surprise call from Papa Thursday evening asking us what our plans were for Friday.  When he noted he was taking a half day at work & wanted to take us to Captiva for fishing & beach fun, we suddenly had exciting plans for the day!

We hopped in to the slightly murky water (Eek!).
It didn't phase Papa & C, but Mama isn't found of water where I can't see whats in it!  I earned big Mom points by hanging with the boys in the brownish water, had a slight freak out when a fish and sand crab touched me, but still...Mom points were earned.




We took a stroll down the beach to find
1. A perfect shadey spot under the bridge
and...
2. Three boys with a fun net scooping up critters

It wasn't long before Connor made some new friends & Papa relocated our beach chairs in the shade!
The boys were interested in catching bigger fish in their net, so they were kind enough to plop any little fish or crabs into C's bucket to keep him entertained.


"Hey! We have 8 sea creatures in my bucket now!"

Sitting in the shade was Heaven!

Before we headed out for ice cream on the way home, C reminded Papa he hadn't taught him how to "launch his bait" (aka cast).  My tiny fisherman had a little lesson from a pro.

I love watching them together.  C adores his Papa.

So now we're home, cleaned up & jammied up---
I can guarantee Papa is snoozing in his chair at home & I'm ready to hit the pillow at 7:45pm...but C is still going strong.  This child is never tired.  Hoping we all get a good night's sleep :)

No comments: