Monday, October 21, 2013

Another week older...

Why does time crawl by when you're pregnant, but then fly by once your baby is here?!?

My sweet little Nugget is 3 weeks old today.  
He's a boob man 100%.  Would nurse all day if I let him.  He sleeps so happily just nestled up next to my bosom.  I have not introduced the bottle and gave up trying with a pacifier since he has trouble at times latching on.  He resembles a blind baby bird just bobbling his head all around looking for 'the boob.'  Its comical, but rather frustrating in the dark in the middle of the night.  Its the only time you'll see him squawk loudly...his 'I'm hungry, where is my food' cry.


Our nights are still broken, as expected.  If he sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time, I get excited.  I spend the majority of our nights in the glider next to my bed, where Connor & Matt are happily snoring away.


We ventured out to Lakes Park for their Halloween festivities on Friday.  Noah snoozed the whole time in the stroller while Peewee enjoyed the bounce houses and train ride.  I have to admit.  One of my biggest struggles with having two boys is not being able to be in two places at once.  I hated not being able to go on the Halloween train with Connor (like I have every year).  I sent Matt with Peewee while I stayed back with my tiny snoozer in the event he woke hungry.  I tried to coach Matt to be 'overly excited' about the not-so-thrilling Halloween train ride.  The boys came back all smiles, so looked like they had a good time!

So I'm an experienced Mom.  The second time around, I possess confidence.  I don't stress out as much over my baby's cry.  I know what tricks to try to calm and soothe my little one.  I know to prepare the diaper bag with extra clothes in the event of a poop blowout while in public.  I know to start getting ready to leave the house a half hour before the intended time, so I can get out the door on time.  I know to expect poop in the tub.  I feel like a pro.  It's all easier this time around with a baby.  The best part of all and part that I am not used to, is having a great, helpful Father around.  Matt has been a great help, taking Noah off my hands when needed or playing with Connor when my hands are full with Noah.  It's new for me and highly refreshing!

While I feel like my crazy hormones are settling down, there's one thing that will bring me to tears in seconds.  This big brother loves his new baby brother so incredibly much.  Connor got home after a day away yesterday & the first thing is wanted to do was hold his brother.  I'll find him checking in on Noah if he's fussing, telling him sweetly that, "Its ok, Noah.  Mommy's coming." 

Over the past week, Connor will come up and tell his brother,
"I love you so much," followed by a cheek hug and forehead kiss.

My heart can't handle it.


No comments: