Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I just blogged yesterday...

Two blog posts in 2 days....WOW!! :)
We snapped some cute pictures yesterday, so figured I'd share while the 'Big Fry' is at school & the 'Little Nugget' is snoozing.

1. I adore any matching brother clothes.
2. I adore C's face when he gets to hold Noah.

C has been amazing with his new brother. I couldn't ask for anything better.

I busted out the Baby Bjorn yesterday when C wanted to play Super Heroes outside.  It is not an easy task to situate a baby with one arm in carrier, all while trying to not upset the babe...because once you have a fussy baby in a carrier, its hard to make them happy again.

He was in & happy (as long as we were outside).

The carrier was handy, but I feared his little wee was getting crushed in it. 

Our attempt at a group photo while we played outside.

This photo was from our 'adventure' this morning. I got my boys up at 5:50 am, because C's 'Dad' insisted he take C to their Father Breakfast at C's school early this morning.  C wanted me to drive him to school, so  we agreed to meet him there at 7:00 am. I had done a good job of pumping C up to be excited about his breakfast since he didn't want to go.  He thought it was funny we were driving to school while it was dark out and "still night time."  We pulled into school to a dark parking lot with only a few cars. No sign of his Dad's car.  I called him to see where he was (in case he was parked in back of school).  He answered his phone groggy & rather rude.  I asked if he was there and he said, "Where?!" 

He forgot about the Father's Breakfast.

My heart ached for my disappointed little boy.  I told him I'd call Papa to have him come (since he was the closest male figure available at the time). C didn't want anyone. He was disappointed after all my efforts to pump him up about the whole idea.  It had to be a Father's breakfast.  I can be Mom or Dad a lot of the time, but not this time. 

 I couldn't strut into a room full of Fathers with a baby latched to my breast. 

I did my best to cuddle, wipe away tears, promise him I will always be there for him, and distracted him with an app on my phone that allows you to add make up to a photo. We 'glamoured' up one of Matt's pictures & got some good laughs in!  We weren't going to let anything ruin our day!

I nursed my Nugget, the sun was now up, sent C into school & headed on home.  C has a fun afternoon with Nana to look forward to, so I know he'll have a great rest of the day!

No comments: