Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I've loved Halloween every year with my baby...

2009--The cuddly tiger

2010-- The year the duck costume was a failure, so we went with a last minute- Mickey 

2011--The year Connor was obsessed with Frankenstein Halloween stuff

2012-- My sweet little cowboy, Woody

And this year may have been my favorite to date!

The Superheroes fighting crime & keeping Gotham City safe...

My muscular--Batman Connor 
and his tiny sidekick--Robin Noah

I hope C lets me dress them in coordinating costumes every year!
Wonder Woman Kaylee & Iron Man Austin joined us for the trick or treat fun!

It was the first year I could send Connor up to the neighbors' houses on his own, knowing he'd have good manners.  We went over the rule of no matter what candy they have, you take one and say "Thank you!" (Last year, C would innocently tell each homeowner how he didn't like chocolate).  

This year, C told me he was going to say "Thank you & God loves you!" at each house. (They talked about it at school earlier that day).  Talk about adorable!  He did great making sure he used his manners at each house & even came to me after one house to tell me he needed to go back since he forgot to tell them "thank you."  He makes me so proud :).  I was grateful for C's independence this year, because I was tagging along behind him with my little Robin & the family.

We were out trick or treating for about an hour and a half around 'bedtime,' so Noah was quite the trooper.  He waited until we were at the farthest point from our house to start fussing.  I had no other choice, but to nurse the little guy on our walk back home.  I wouldn't of have the nerve to do that with baby #1, but with baby #2- you don't really have a choice!  Luckily it was dark out & I managed to discreetly cover up as I passed each neighbor on the way back to our house!

When we got back home, the kids went outside with Matt & Justin to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters while I tried to get Noah settled for bed.

My sweet Batman had a great time & has slowly branched out to like a few forms of candy--strawberry lollipops and airheads are his current likes.  I'm still happy to help him eat all his other goodies!

Now that Halloween has passed, its onto C's birthday party preparations!  I love this time of year!

No comments: