Monday, January 6, 2014

Mish-Mosh

Between Instagram, Facebook, and my blog, I forget where I have posted pictures.  With a precious little peanut that likes to cat nap all day, I don't have much down time to blog.  Uploading phone pictures while nursing every hour onto social media sites is a lot easier these days.  With school starting back up tomorrow for C & a big FSU game on tonight, I managed to have both boys asleep in bed by 8:00pm.  While half my attention is on the TV, I figured I could squeeze in a few blog posts while I have time.

On December 30th, my growing boy turned 3 months.  He's so smiley and chatty these days.  He loves to nurse, take a bath, be outside, and lay on his piano playmat.  He does not like the car or to nap longer than 20 minutes.  His hair hasn't fallen out yet, with an exception to the bald spot on the back of his head from rubbing it off when sitting.  He has to wear a bib non stop, as he's drooling like a dog.  He has the longest, prettiest eye lashes I've ever seen.

He likes to smile at me the most.  I'm completely okay with that. :)

Then on Dec. 31, I turned 29.  I received ZERO sleep the night before my birthday, but my sweet Connor was pretty excited to see me open my SpongeBob Squarepants 3-D card and Batgirl jammies from him bright & early.

Nana & Papa picked up C for the afternoon to give him some attention, which was such a gift to me.  Knowing C was having a fun day made my day so nice.  They ventured out to mini golf, where he & Nana got a hole-in-one on the same hole.

My folks are pretty good at sending picture updates when they have C.  I thoroughly look forward to receiving the pictures.  How can you not smile when you see them?!

We ventured out shopping for my birthday.  It was more like me running into shops, while Matt tried to keep Noah occupied outside.  I got some alone time, even if I was going as fast as I could!

After shopping, we settled at home, then headed to the Minichs' for New Year's Eve festivities.  It was the best way to have a night out with the kids.  Connor got to play with his buddies there, while we tried to converse among adults.  I was doing a lot of baby bobbing to keep Noah asleep, but still had a good time.

New Year's Day we headed to a quiet family gathering at Debbie's house.  Noah continued his cat naps, where I spent more time getting him to sleep than him actually sleeping.

Connor spent a good 5 hours playing in the pool with his cousins.  He was in heaven.  He was well behaved the entire day and zonked out in the car around 7:30pm when we left.

I have to say that even if our days seem long lately, I've been extremely grateful for Christmas break from school.  Not having to load the boys in the car early in the morning has been wonderful.  Noah is becoming easier as the days go by, so we're slowly able to juggle what C wants to play with Noah in tow.  I've found that moving Noah's bouncy seat to the bottom of the driveway allows C & I to ride our bikes in a small circle in front of the house.  The sense of accomplishment I feel when I entertain both boys at once is amazing!

I snuck in a pic of my big boy while we did chalk in the street.  Notice chalky knees...

This smiley guy is such a joy. The 5 minutes of smiles and squeals each day help me push through the sleeeeeepless nights and tiny cat naps.

Yesterday was a first for us.  First time riding in the 'big' part of the stroller while I took a nice long walk with my Mom around her neighborhood.  He was a fussy mess when I put him in the stroller, but as soon as I busted out the app on my phone that "hushes" (it literally says "Shh, Shh, Shhhhhh" over and over), he quieted almost immediately & went to sleep for the whole walk.  Technology is a beautiful thing.  I'm extremely grateful I'm a Mom in this day & age!
 
I think I'm all caught up on my photos.  This football game needs to become a little more exciting to justify me giving up precious sleep time!  Come on, Noles!!

Good night Blogger land!

No comments: