Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hello 2015!

Today was our last day of Connor's winter break.  Before we get back to routine tomorrow (which strangely I'm looking forward to), I wanted to have one last 'hoorah' today!  We tossed around a few ideas, but ended up with a trip to an indoor bounce house place to start our day.  It's not incredibly easy coming up with inexpensive ideas of places that can entertain a 6 year old as well as a 1 year old (and let's be honest...entertain a 36 year old too).  I think we did good with the bounce house idea!

Noah was coasting through his morning nap when we needed to go, so he was having fun...as long as he was held.  

Sidenote:  There should be friendly reminders to women who have birthed children to completely empty their bladders before bouncing.  Just saying.


Since I crawled into the majority of the bounce houses with Noah, I elected Matt to do the giant slide with Noah.  It was comical watching Matt try to squeeze up the midget staircase with Noah in tow.

We invited Connor's buddy, Michael, along, so C would have someone to hang with while we kept the Noah Monster content.  There were lots of giggles and red cheeks from these boys after two hours of bouncing.

After about 45 minutes of being there, Noah got a little 'tired drunk' as I like to call it.  It's kind of like Noah gets a second wind, complete with lots of spinning in circles, and laughing at himself after he's dizzy.  This boy is a hoot!

To end the day, I piled my bike high with tennis rackets, balls, and my fancy camera, and we all road up to our community tennis courts.  We're all terrible at tennis, but have a great time trying to hit the ball.  And you can't beat a fenced in area to let your 1 year old aimlessly roam.

Totally a coincidence, but don't they all look so cute & sporty?!

After we grew tired of chasing tennis balls and snatching beetles from Noah's mouth, we rolled on over to the playground.

C wanted to show me his 'tricks.'

(Tricks include climbing ridiculously high & making it across the monkey bars.)

I will never grow tired of showing my excitement as he wants to wow me with his neat tricks.  It helps to remind me that he's still little, despite the fact he looks so big.


Any slide thrills this kid.  He isn't into climbing as much as Connor was as a little guy, but slides...slides he likes.


You have no idea the wrangling to takes to get all THREE boys to cooperate for the camera.
I try.

Noah's first water fountain experience.  Pretty positive water ended up everywhere, except his mouth.

Back to school tomorrow!
2nd semester of Kindergarten, here we go!

No comments: