Sunday, January 4, 2015

So long 2014!

As I began a new picture folder on my computer for 2015, I ran across a few photos that didn't make it to the blog from the past week or so.  Before I start a new "Happy New Year!" post, here's the rest of 2014 :).


My big big boy walked Bobo all the way around Nana & Papa's neighborhood while we were over for the Whitaker family Christmas gathering this year.  

With how much my boys adore dogs, I am surprised I haven't talked myself into getting a dog of our own.  I am ever so grateful that we have family with dogs, so they can grow up around them.  Bobo will forever be Connor's favorite though.

As this little guy is inching farther from "he just turned one" and closer to "he's almost one and a half," he is a good mix of determined little booger and hilarious goober.

Since I'm always behind my new fancy camera, I have to remind myself to have others take pictures of me & the boys sometimes.  As I know with my Connor, you pretty much blink and your baby is a grown child!

With some strategic planning around Noah's 2-3 hour morning nap schedule, we packed up the fam & headed to the zoo for the afternoon.  It was a warm, warm day, we had lots of walking, supplying snacks, and trading off holding Noah (who decided he didn't want to be in his stroller after being there for about 5 minutes), but we all had a good time!

The giraffe feeding was the highlight to the day!  C was so big and did it all by himself.  Noah learned to say "giraffe" over and over and over every time he saw one.  It was great! :)

Sidenote: Noah can say quite a bit these days (which is a far stretch from my sweet C who didn't declare any major words until he was 3).  With a mix of hearing Connor talk non stop and the great blend of chatty Sears genes that Matt carries, it's no surprise Noah is talking so quickly!  Words he's said to date: Daddy, Mama (very few times when he's extra whiney and needs me), giraffe, gorilla, all done, ball, balloon, bubbles, oh wow, dog, cat, snack
 

Connor was more into seeing each animal then moving on quickly.  Noah kind of just went where ever we went.  He did give us a run for our money on a slow boat ride to go around a few islands to see the monkeys.  On the strict, "No food allowed" ride, we snuck snacks to Noah to try to keep the melt down at bay as we putted slower than a turtle around the water.  When we fed him the last snack out of my diaper bag, I said a silent prayer hoping we'd make it off the boat before Noah realized it!  Prayer answered!  Phew!

We ended the zoo trip at their playground area.  Both boys thoroughly enjoyed it!


And that is all!
Peace out 2014!


No comments: