Sunday, March 1, 2015

Photo Lady

So yeah...I'm a photographer now.

I don't feel right calling myself that.  I'm just a Mom, with a fancy camera, that has decided to make some money while staying at home with my wee one by taking photos of others that 'hire me'.  Photographer, no.  Photo lady, sure.

This past week, I met up with my long time friend, Rachel, to get some pictures of her & her little guy.  My challenges were as follows:
I was in a new location I was unfamiliar with, I was working with a baby that isn't old enough to sit up, I had to keep close tabs on my Noah Monster while trying to take photos of another child, and I'm self teaching myself Manual Mode on my camera (in a nutshell, every time you change lighting, clouds move, trees cast shadows, etc, you have to change settings on your camera, so your photos aren't too dark or too light).  Yep, it was a challenge.  Thankfully, Rachel & I got a good laugh throughout the process.  

There was one instance where Noah took little Grant's rattle, tossed it off the bridge, and all we heard was an, "Uh oh," in Noah's innocent, but not really innocent, voice.  

There was an instance where I believe Noah snacked on a pine cone.

Overall, though.  Pictures came out great & we got some sweet smiles from Mr. Grant.  Baby photo session, a success!


The rest of the week, I struggled with this kid.

He seemed to always be tired, crabby, indecisive, and has developed a strong 'I will do it myself' personality.  I think one night this week, he ate a rice krispie treat for dinner.  He refused e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g I gave him, Matt was working late for the 3rd day in a row, and I was just spent.  If a darn rice krispie treat was going to keep the child content, by golly, eat the whole box.

(Photo taken of Mr. I Do It Myself as he spoon fed himself lunch)

This afternoon, was one wonderful surprise!  I got to pick up Connor early, so I was able to spend the entire afternoon with my whole family together.  We opted for a trip to the park.

Connor showed off his climbing skills.

And Noah frolicked around the football field while we played.

I snapped a picture of my boys together (see Mr. Trouble milliseconds away from whacking his brother on the head for fun).  Shortly after the picture was taken, Connor got mad a me for catching the football (and he did not).  Our biggest struggle is talking through our feelings lately.  He admitted that I hurt his feelings for catching the ball.  I considered it good that he expressed his feelings.  He proceeded to give me the 'angry eyes' and test my limits by not listening to directions.  When I noted we'd be going to get ice cream after the park & if he didn't shape up his attitude, he'd be watching us eat it...he magically was all better.  Oh, the healing power of ice cream.



So as I sit in bed, with both boys snoozing away in their beds, Matt is now fast asleep beside me & snoring louder than my Uncle Pete.  I've missed my tiny window to fall asleep before he did & now my sleep shall suffer.  You're welcome, blog readers, for my sacrifices. :)

Good night!


No comments: