Monday, March 9, 2015

Smart Cookies

Today, I was a very proud mama.  More so than usual!

I spoke with Connor's teacher & she will be recommending Connor go into the gifted program at his school.  She said Connor is at a 1st/2nd grade level for reading and math.  She wanted to send home 1st grade math homework for Connor to work on, but the 1st grade teachers are hesitant to allow her, since Connor will be super bored learning it all again next year.  I'm all about keeping Connor ahead of the game & challenged all the time, so I got an idea of the curriculum & will be working with Connor on it all at home myself.  Since we're already in the 2nd semester of the school year, the school will test Connor for gifted before the end of the school year & he should hopefully start the gifted program 2 times a week when he starts 1st grade this fall.

I'm so proud of him.  Smart little cookie.

My other little prodigy has had a fascination with letters for the longest time.  He can now identify and say 20 out of 26 letters of the alphabet. 

Sidenote:  He also has a funny attraction to the letter 'W.'  He will point it out everywhere and carries his 'w' foam letter around at home.  We were driving to Connor's basketball practice last week & we were next to a Winnebago that had a giant 'W' on the side of it.  Noah kept happily shouting "dud-do-you" from the backseat.  Funny kid.

Noah was showing off his skills today at the library.  Connor was a late talker, so to hear Noah saying so much at this age is new to me & very exciting.

It's been awhile since I've loaded a video on my blog, so hope it works.  


Ok.  I'm done bragging for today. :)

No comments: