Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a love/hate holiday for me.  I love love love seeing Connor rush into my room bright & early with a handful of cards and art he made special for me.  I love to see just how excited he gets as I look through and read each one.  The boys usually ask what I want for breakfast & make it, which is always nice to see them so thoughtful.

The part that I hate is that the hype of Mother's Day being that 'it's all about Mom' and 'Mom gets a break today' is kind of, well, bologna.  The processes in the house don't run without Mom doing most of it.  What to dress the kids.  What to feed the kids.  How to pack the diaper bag.  What to plan so the kids are happy.  The kids whining still exists.  Pleasing everyone else still exists.  Hear me loud and clear when I say I love being a Mom and wouldn't trade it for anything, but thinking that on Mother's Day, I'll get a break, is kind of a stretch.

I did get a nap while Noah napped, so that was the absolute best.

Instead of wrangling the kids out at dinner, C and I decided to pick up subs, and we had a picnic on the patio.   


My boys were happy, so I was happy.
Happy Mother's Day!


No comments: