Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

This is my 1st Halloween away from my C.  I was not looking forward to it!  We decided to make it exciting still and planned a Halloween block party with all the neighbor kids.  It was a small get together of about 20 people that turned in a large gathering of about 40 people with a bounce house in our driveway!  

The morning started with C waking up and exclaiming, 
"My tooth is missing!"
We found it in his bed, so somehow it came out in the night.  He was SO excited to sport a new smile & hear his new lisp when he spoke!  My cute little Cat-in-the-Hat was ready for his Storybook parade at school with his cute new grin!

As I had plans to run to a few stores after I got C to school, the bounce house company decided to deliver the bounce house for the party a little early.  As soon as Noah saw the bounce house up in the driveway, I knew my plan for running errands was going to be postponed.  


Once the big kids were all home from school, it didn't take long for them to all migrate over after seeing the bounce house.  The party wasn't set to start until 5:30pm, but the bouncing started around 4pm.  It took some convincing to get the kids to take a break & get their costumes on.  
(These are most of our neighbor kids in nearby houses.  I tried to get a picture of the kids in costume before the party got hoppin'.  By mid-party, we had about 25 kids here.)

My sweet Mario & Luigi!
It was a miracle that Noah kept his hat on.  I wasn't going to push hard for a smile on top of that!

Connor and his best neighbor buddy, Michael

Another cute neighbor, Alyssa.

The Falcones--our neighbors from the other side of the community--in their home made "Nightmare before Christmas" costumes.

Heather & Ella (Noah's little buddy & Michael's little sister).
*Noah will be playing in the morning & just exclaim randomly, "Fun with Ella?"  They're only about a month apart in age & are starting to play well together.

Bowser & Yoshi
 (I had hopes of a family shot with our Mario & Luigi to complete our ensemble, but I didn't want to pull the boys away from bouncing).

I looked up some last minute easy games for oodles of kids that afternoon & found "Mummy racing." I may have cleaned out my toilet paper stash, but the game was a hit with the kids!

And...the coolest Nana & Papa that ever lived.

No comments: