Thursday, October 6, 2016

Halloween a little early...

This is the first year both the boys are dressing up non-coordinating.

I tried the best I could!

Want to be Charlie Brown & Snoopy?!

Want to be the Tin Man & Scarecrow?

Want to be a basketball player & referee?

Denied. Denied. Denied.

So I'm embracing it!  Since I'm a sucker for coordinating outfits for photo purposes, I opted to coordinate with Connor and Matt will coordinate with Noah (he's always thrilled with my ideas)!

Connor wants to be Harry Potter, so I will be Hermione.

Noah wants to be Gekko (from his beloved PJ Masks show), so Matt will be Catboy.

I thought it'd be fun to take the boys to do cool pictures in their costumes before Halloween (to honestly take the pressure off of me trying to get both boys smiling, looking, and non-whiney because we are wasting time taking pictures when they could be frolicking around with their friends door-to-door).  

Sooooo... tonight was Connor's night.  

Say hello to the cutest Harry Potter ever.




He was a smart-mouthed, whiney turd as we treked over to our photo spot I had scoped out months before.  We were all ready after hiking 10 minutes from the car around a lake to get to our spot when Connor mentions he left his Harry Potter glasses in the car.  Ohhhhh, I could have choked him at that very moment.  We ventured back to the car & back to our photo spot, dressed him in costume, and took position (with minutes to spare before the sun went down).  After I took the first few photos & showed him on the back of my camera, he lit up! 

"Can we print these mom?!"

"This tree over here will be a great spot to do another photo!"

"Can I see how it turned out?!"

"Don't you like this spot the best?!"

Attitude was a complete turn around.  He was totally into it & noted how fun it was.  It was a miracle sent from God at that very moment to help retain the tiny bits of sweaty sanity I had left in me.

We stopped for a Slurpee on the way home to cap off our night.

Let's hope my little styled session with Noah goes smoothly.  I'll be setting the bar low. :)

No comments: