Tuesday, October 11, 2016

So I hired someone...

As much as I think it's crazy to pay someone to take our pictures when I could very well rig a tripod & remote to take my own family photos, I opted to do it!  Just once a year I'll try to get in some nice family photos instead of being behind the camera.  I waited a looooooooong 4 weeks to get them back, but am very happy with the outcome.

Lucky for Matt, I was able to go through and edit his thinning hair area on the top of his head after we got the photos back.  Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone. :)

I'll set the tone for the session first.

We arrive at new beach location just before sunset.  Walk right onto the beach from the parking area to find a gentleman reeling in a very large shark.  Yep.  That's right.  A massive shark.

We trek a good 3/4 mile down the beach to our photo spot, which felt like forever as Noah wanted to walk, Connor wanted to ask every 5 steps if we were almost there, and gave Matt time to sweat out his lovely shirt.

We arrive at the spot and over the course of 1 hour, we were in the water as well as sitting/lying on the sand.  I planned ahead with a change of clothes and towels, but it still feels pretty yuck to be sloshing around on the beach in your nice clothes you just purchased for pictures.  At one point, I held Noah and we walked out to about thigh deep water.  At sunset.  Just an hour after we saw Mr. Fisherman reel in his beast shark.  That was about as much of living-on-the-edge as I will ever do!

I'm happy to report we finished the session with all limbs intact.

So without further adieu, here are our family photos for 2016.
(Connor 7 years old and Noah just 3 weeks shy of turning 3)

We started out slow to get Noah passed the "I don't want to say hi to the lady with the camera--grumpy eyebrows--straight face--faze."

(Noah still easing out of the turd phase)


(Still trying to crack the beast...insert: fun mom face)

It took me lying awkwardly on the sand to get Noah to finally come out of his shell.


Once Noah was smiley, I'm pretty sure this was the time Connor decided to moan & groan about pictures taking too long.

Insert: Fun mom face with tickles


Once Noah grasped that it was, in fact, okay to get his clothes wet in the water, he went for it!

My goobs.

My children tickle in the most awkward kind of way.

This session was quite the messy, fun, yet exhausting adventure all at once.


How to get toddler to smile: just keep tickling.


My grown up, still whiney, soggy britches, sweet boy



Did I think this pose felt odd at the time? Yes.

Was I reassured that we looked cute? Yes.

Do I still think Connor looks crazy weird squatting behind me? Yes.

Is it the only smiling shot with just me & my boys from the session? Yes.

 I shall cherish it anyway.

Was Matt's shirt water splashed or sweated out?  You decide.



Was the wet, sandy mess worth it for these last final family shots? Definitely.


We got our pictures back just in time for our anniversary tomorrow.


I ended the night in the water with this crazy.

He learned the art of the Eskimo kiss.


Annnnnnd that's it!
Quite the adventure, but worth the memories!

No comments: