Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dirt.

My To-Do list lately goes a little something like this:

Check off one task.

Add three more tasks.

And repeat.

So I thought I would try to accomplish a few things at once yesterday. I needed to keep Connor busy/content as he was fighting his afternoon nap. So we went to his favorite area--the planter in the front yard to toss around some rocks and trot through the grass. He was playing so great and independently, that I decided to try to get something done while he was busy. I was still about 5 feet from Connor at the time, but decided to remove the dorky dealership tag frame that was on my car (that I never found the time to remove) when I got my car a year ago. So I was unscrewing that while Connor played just around the corner from me in the front yard. I could see everything but his face at the time! My little project took a whole 2 minutes to do. As I put my screwdriver away and turned to get Connor (mind you he was only 5 feet away and could see him the whole time)....this is the face I found....

Yep. The one time he decides to become bored with playing with the rocks and venture into the mud. Mouth FULL of mud might I add. To the point where he'd smile and it look like he just scarfed an oreo cookie.


So into Mom's room we went to get the digital camera. Yes, still has dirt residue in mouth, but thought a whole 20 more seconds to get a few pictures wasn't going to do anymore damage.


So I did some quick thinking. Stripped the little man. Enclosed him on the patio. Filled up his water table and let him splash away all the filth!

Guess this was our "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!" moment. :)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I just love looking at all your pictures! Miss YOU!

Katie said...

are you sure he's not the child of larry the cable guy?