Saturday, January 9, 2010

The dog...

Let me just start off by saying that I love my dog! But with that being said...I could certainly kill him sometimes! Let's just use today for an example.

It is seriously the coldest day I have ever experienced in Florida. It's 30-some degrees, rainy, freezing, and just plain awful to be outside in! Well, anyone with a dog must know that the dog will have to go outside to go to the bathroom eventually, regardless of the weather. Instead of our daily walk around the neighborhood, I opted to just let Coop out in the backyard to avoid Connor or myself having to go out in the weather too. Coop doesn't like cold weather, so figured he would just 'wee' and come back in. He opted for plan B, apparently. He decided to go to each mound of mud (AKA previous holes he had dug), dig away, wallow in the mud, and just have a grand-ol-time doing it (it was as if he knew I wasn't going to come outside and get him in the weather, so he took advantage of the opportunity). Finally, I pulled the old "Come here, sweet Coopy. I have a treat for you," to get him to come in. After he comes trotting along, I give him the point-in-the-face, you're-in-trouble- look & left him on the porch for awhile instead.

In the mean time, Connor decided that on the coldest day of Florida's existence that he wanted to frolic around the house without letting me put his clothes on for the day. So....I have one little boy trying to open the slider door to go outside with the dog, and a dirty dog that is crying/scratching at the slider door to come back inside. I braced myself....nicely redirected Connor to his toys, sneaky-ly openned the sliding glass door, snuck outside in hopes Connor didn't notice and come crying to follow me, pinned Coop down while I wiped off his limbs with a wet rag, nicely told him how much I could have killed him for decided to dig in the yard today, came back inside, nicely pinned Connor down now to get him dressed before he turned blue, and then treated myself to some M & M's in the cabinet as a reward for containing my patience oh-so-nicely under the circumstances!

So---no, I do not have photos to illustrate that scene from this morning. I do, however, have a few photos for tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum working together at breakfast time. Both of these boys are seriously going to be the death of me one day.

Both looking innocent at breakfast time.


Connor sneaking some food down next to his thigh, nicely landing on the 'feeding pad' for Coop.


Mission successful!


Although Coop digs even when you are standing above him scolding him, tracks in mud all over my nicely cleaned house, barks for attention when Connor is stealing the show, and always chooses to scratch louder than anything on the door to go out right when I get Connor to sleep in my arms......Coop's still nice to have around :).

I guess the food that Coop cleans up after Connor has launched it on the ground, makes up for the dirt Coop drags into the house!

No comments: