Sunday, February 26, 2012

B-O-W-L-I-N-G

Matt & I were brainstorming all day trying to figure out a new, fun place to go with Connor. We only have a day a week to spend as the 3 of us, so we didn't want to let the day pass by without doing something. We tossed around the idea of the fair, but I honestly hate the fair--its filthy, there are odd people all around you, the rides probably aren't that safe, and it costs an arm and a leg. I just couldn't talk myself into it, so we came up with a plan B. We opted for a night out of bowling! Connor had tried bowling once before at Aidan's birthday party a little while back, but if you recall--this was the party we had to 'abort, abort, abort' after Connor had numerous fantastic meltdowns from no nap & just for-being-three! Its been a few months from that point & Connor has done great grasping the concept of "your turn, my turn" while we play Candyland, so we thought Connor would be in a better state to try bowling again! I'm so glad we did, because Connor had a blast & Matt & I had a great time watching him cheer after each turn.

I'll let the photos recap our night...

Mr. Cheese-face-squints ready to try out his green ball

Connor trotted right on up all by himself to bowl. If I joined Connor (in fear he'd drop/launch this 9 pound ball), Connor was quick to remind me "Mommy, go watch with Matt. I'll do this all by myself." I listened, like a good girl, and went and sat down. :)

Connor knew that after Matt's turn, it was Mommy's turn...so he made sure to find Mommy's pink ball & bring it to me so I could hold it while I waited for my turn!

Here's my cheering squad. Connor insisted they sit on the floor :). It was pretty encouraging to hear cute little "Go Mommy" chants behind me when it was my turn to bowl! I love these boys!

Connor kicking some toosh!

We opted for ice cream after bowling. Connor didn't have a problem with that! We stood in line so long at the ice cream place, that Connor finished his cup of ice cream before we even made it to the register. We thought it'd be a good idea to sit outside, so Connor could run off his sugar while we ate ours'.

We had a great night :)

No comments: