Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Love Day!

This year's Valentine's Day was nothing fancy and just the way we liked it! With Matt's work schedule, we celebrated our Valentine's Day last Sunday. It is rare when we are able to sit down and have a long uninterrupted conversation, so we had a wonderful time doing so over lunch at Iguana Mia :). On our official Valentine's Day, Connor and I had a Mom-Son bonding day! We baked Valentine's cupcakes, made red jigglers, and gathered our Valentines for delivery.

Connor's my #1 taste-tester


Gathering our goodies for delivery :)

Our first stop was Uncle Craig's office. Connor was pumped to visit his Uncle Craig, but couldn't quite understand why Auntie Nicole wasn't there too :). After that, Connor requested a romantic date for two at Chickfila. When I say "Date for two," I mean Connor & the playground! At one point, Connor was playing and came over to me to say "Mom, hide. I'm playing with my friends." I was like "Ummmm No sir!" I'm not about to get booted from "cool mom" to "hide mom" status. About two hours of play time later, we loaded up and headed to Nana & Papa's office to deliver their Valentines. If you could have only seen my little boy cheer with excitement when he saw Nana & Papa's cars in the parking lot! Boy, does he adore them! We went home for a much needed nap for both of us (full of lots of snuggle time which is my all time favorite thing to do)! Once we were well rested, we loaded up and headed to Nana & Papa's for Connor's Valentine's Day "surprises."


Boy is Connor loved! One of Connor's new goodies from Nana & Papa is his Lite-Brite! Mom swears we loved the Lite-Brite as kids and knew Connor would have fun with it. She sat down to do it with Connor and found out pretty quickly that the Lite-Brite patterns take some time, patience, and forceful pushing :). It was fun to watch Connor & Nana work together...


Sometimes Nana feels like chopped liver compared to Connor's love for Papa, but Nana is by far Connor's favorite playmate!

After some time and hard work, the finished Lite-Brite was ready...

Taaaaa-Daaaaaa!

Connor spent the next two hours with his "Lite-Brite-Flashlight." He carried it in every dark room to see how it looked, played hide and seek with it, and even took a Lite-Brite-lit bath.

(This is by far the most fun age. I need to remind myself to do more video-recording! Hopefully some videos to come soon!)

Hope everyone felt loved this Valentine's Day!

No comments: