Saturday, February 18, 2012

Winter in Florida

After living in Florida my entire life, I learned very quickly that even the Yacht Club beach is busy in the winter! Matt & I decided to make an afternoon trip to the local beach to let Connor play. We both admitted to never ever seeing the Yacht Club that busy our entire lives! We literally had a tough time finding a spot on the sand that was vacant to sit on! Once we were situated, Mr. Congeniality made friends with many non-english speaking kiddos in the ice cold beach water! Connor didn't care...he just chatted away anyway! :)

Off to the water he went with his "water blaster"

Matt's duty was to work on a neat-o sand castle while Mama's duty was to a) Make sure Connor didn't blast any unsuspecting passerbyers with freezing salt water, b) Make sure Connor didn't venture out too far off shore since I was not about to jump in the chilly water, and c) Make sure to capture precious pictures of my beach boy!

One of Connor's sweet friends that let him blast her over and over with no complaints! (There was actually a group of three kiddos that all had water blasters, so they all had a fighting chance with their weapons!)

One. Serious. Water. Blaster. Boy.

This child would live in the water if he could!

Sunscreen smears and all...he was one cute munchkin!


I captured the photo below in between Connor trying to blast me! This is a true "I'm all trouble" smile (and chuckle)!

We thought it'd be fun to bury Connor in the sand. It lasted a few giggles from Connor, but then he realized he was too dirty and would have to sit still too long, so he was outta there!

Waving hi to his fans :)

(Photo below would have been a complete success if the nice snowbird lady could have been out of the frame!)

Not sure of Connor's face, but we'll consider this a keeper!

My water boy took on the important role of filling the river in his "sand castle" courtesy of Matt!

Connor's sand castle was built with love consisting of two tunnels and a long stream leading to a river :). I'm glad I left this challenge up to Matt, because I'm pretty sure my efforts would have been a lot less exciting!

We ended the beach outing with a quick trip to the beach playground, blowing some bubbles, a rinse down, and change of clothes. The ride home was complete with Connor's favorite snack--Pringles chips. We had one happy camper on our hands today! :) Life is good!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures. I wish I had winters at a BEACH!! un fair if you ask me. Connor has such a contageous smile! Ps i dream of the day when I will EVER be able to wear a bikini again. You look amazing... and is that a ring on your finger? HMMM???