Wednesday, March 27, 2013

E.B. 2013

Every Easter we head to "Papa's favorite store" aka Bass Pro Shop to visit the Easter Bunny!

This year we got extra lucky & ran into Peyton, Baby CJ & family while we were there.  Tiffany served as my personal photographer with her fancy camera & snapped some cute pictures of C & E.B. :)


On our way home in the car, Connor starts with his questions...

"Mom, did the Easter Bunny have a helmet on?!  It moved funny when he moved.  I think it was a helmet."

"Are you sure he was the real Easter Bunny?!?!"

I was in shock.  I mean I recalled the photographer having to adjust the bunny's crocked head while it was Connor's turn to visit with him, but I didn't think anything of it.  I fumbled over my words to answer C's questions and did a lot of... "Hmmm...I'm not sure...I thought he looked like the Easter Bunny like he always does."

C went on to say "But the Easter Bunny didn't look familiar..."

*Sidenote: C uses the term "familiar" in the wrong context quite often

I tossed out the idea of if he thought the Easter Bunny didn't look like the real one, maybe he was one of the Easter Bunny's helpers.  Maybe the Easter Bunny had his paws full filling all the Easter eggs & baskets for Easter, that he needed to ask other Bunny Friends to help.

He went with it & we quickly changed the subject. :)  I'm so not ready for these questions!!

**I do agree though- The Easter Bunny does look a little odd when you can see into his meshy eyes**

After Peyton & her friend, Maddie, finished visiting with the Easter Bunny, the kids gathered for a serious discussion.  I overheard Peyton say "This is my friend, Maddie" and then I heard Connor mention something about how we always ride the elevator.  Funny kid talk.

This is what happens when you ask 3 kids to smile for the camera.

We all squished onto the elevator & headed down to check out the fish.  I'm always cheering inside when Connor remembers how to tell the redfish, snook & tarpon apart.

"Thats the redfish--he has the spot by his tail"

"Thats a 'snoot'-- he has the long line on his side"

"Thats a tarpon-- he's...extra shiney & has BIG eyes"

Bass Pro is always a fun trip for us! Big thanks to Tiffany for the photos!

Now it's a countdown until Easter...

No comments: