Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The latest

The last week or so has felt long. Exhausting. Non-productive. A complete blur.

The 'pregnancy fatigue' and all day 'sea-sickness' has been pleasurable!  My pants don't fit.  I'm busting out of my tops.  I might as well make the bathroom our new hangout since I'm urinating more than any human being should be.  I enjoyed a nice steak dinner date with my hubby last weekend, which quickly gave me a close up view of the inside of the restaurant's toilet bowl.  I could nap at any time of the day.  I put off going to the grocery store, because the sights & smells of certain foods make me queasy.  My cooking dinner usually consists of throwing something into the crockpot for Matt and leaving it until he gets home.  Opening the lid to the crockpot to check on it/stir releases smells I'm afraid to expose my K-9 nose to at the moment.

Today, I am feeling sluggish but less queasy.  C and I ventured to the grocery store and leisurely shopped, with lots of giggles and browsing.  I actually bought items for new recipes to try for my poor husband that is about sick & tired of dried crockpot chicken.  I am feeling more like myself and it feels great.

Don't get me wrong--  The sicky and fatiguey feeling is a reminder that my body's hormones are increasing & my insides are doing what they need to be doing to make a nice little home for our tiny fetus.  Pregnancy is the best reason to feel like poo.  I am so grateful for the gift of another precious babe.  

Pregnancy the second time around is a hiney-kicker.  I can't lay down and take a nap when I want to, or ever for that matter.  I have no choice, but to keep going in order to keep my 4 year old munchkin content.  This whole process just reaffirms that fact that I am a super hero.  I make people :).

So anyway--back on topic.  With feeling like a bulimic, sleep deprived zombie, C and I have managed to have a good time lately.  It's pretty hard not to though.  This kid is seriously the cutest ever.

 We ventured to Pump it Up last week to bounce, climb, and burn off some energy.  C made friends with another little boy right away & they were great playmates while I watched from the sidelines. *Yay for not having to climb through obstacle courses, myself!

Our busy weeks usually consist of showers downstairs, but we had some extra time to waste...so we bubbled up the tub and C took a leisurely bath.

Mama was feeling rough last Friday, so we decided to hang in the house for most of the day.  Jigglers kept Peewee happy for awhile!  He likes to play with them, while Mama likes to eat them.

Over the past few weekends, Matt got to work repainting the crib (Connor's old crib that needed a good touch up after Mr. Beaver Baby used the bars as teething rings).  Once it was assembled, Connor thought 'the cage' would be a cool place to hang out.

I need to go play with the Smurf now that I crossed blogging off my list for the day.  

Happy Hump day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I forgot about jigglers. I need to make some!