Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

Oh, a three day weekend!

It was wonderful!

It allowed for Matt & I to tackle last minute things in the baby's room (hang curtains, mount video monitor, organize changing table, etc).  The highlight of my three day weekend was an extra day to have a weekend with my sweet boy.  Lizard hunting, bounce housing, and playing with cousins were just a few things we got to do!

My big guy knows how to scoop up lizards all on his own now.  He prefers the little ones, since he claims the big ones are 'biters.'  I have been very big on teaching him to not be afraid of anything, but this was one thing I couldn't get myself to do--touch a lizard.  Well, that was all until today.  His bug box bumped the ground & popped open enough to have two of his beloved lizards sneak out.  He was heart broken & in tears almost immediately.  All his hard work was escaping.  My heart broke for him & I had an out-of-body experience...a Mama Bear moment, if you will.  My lizard fears were put aside & I reached down & caught the darn little things for my teary boy.  Matt got a good laugh through the window watching!  So there you have it--I touched two lizards today.  If that doesn't show that I would do absolutely anything for my sweet boy, I don't know what does!

Since C was off of school for Labor Day, he was sent home with a little homework assignment for us to tackle together.  His first homework assignment.  It was something so small, yet so monumental to me.  This was the beginning of his many, many homework assignments I will be sitting down to do with him.  He's working on the letter "I" next week, so he had to cut out & color an indian. He had the option to color it however he chose, so, of course, we busted out the paint.  He did a little prep coloring with markers first.  Here's my little artist at work.

His finished product.  Gotta love homework in his undies!

While we were busy at our house, Uncle Craig rocked yet another fishing tournament.  No surprise there!  Picture courtesy of Facebook.

With the beauty of Facebook again, I was able to get this update on Papa in the Keys (with Eric).  Apparently three days of lobstering & they got the lobster limit each day.  Again, no surprise there!  Sounds like they had a great trip!

With Papa & Eric away, Nana took advantage of her weekend with Auntie Katie & Bobo.  Although I don't have any pictures from their visit this weekend, I thought it'd be a good time to share one of C's favorite pictures of Auntie Katie that we received last week.  

The hospital she works at has got to be one of the coolest places ever.  Auntie Katie won "Auntie of the Year" award after she hung with the one and only R2D2 at work!

To top off our Labor Day weekend, C's sound asleep & I'm enjoying some FSU football on tv!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! 

 Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery this week!

No comments: