Friday, September 20, 2013

What's going on

Update: We've been busy.  I'm still pregnant.  I have the cutest kid ever.

I haven't made time to sit down & stay up to date on my blogging, so here is a giant spew of photos & stories to go along with them.  My pregnancy brain is pure mush, so bare with me!

Last week, Connor's school had a Bookfair as well as a Pre-K story night.  My little Batman fan scoped out the Bookfair on library day at school, so he came home asking if he could, "Bring coins to school soon, so he can get the Lego Batman book"  Nana caught wind of Peewee's request & wahhh-lahhh-- I have one excited little boy with a new Superhero book that we've read a good 6x already! 

The Pre-K story night was wonderful!  We got to go around the school & had different stories read to us in places like the art room, music room, and computer room.  It was a great way to entertain the kids as well as educate the parents on where the kids go each day at school.  Connor had a great time showing me around his school & his very, very favorite part is "Chapel."  Connor volunteered to help with "Chapel dance" on stage.  This hormonal Mama fought back tears as I watched my big boy dance and sing on stage.  I got a good 5 videos as well as somewhat blurry photos!  It was a proud Mama moment!!

"Get down...and Listen up!"
*Have I mentioned I love his school?!?!

Papa came home from work last week during lunch time to hang with Peewee for a bit.  These two are overly excited about this darn bird feeder and the blue jays/cardinals/squirrels that come out because of it!  Nana snapped a cute pic of the boys refilling their fancy feeder.

When I go to pick up C on Tuesdays & Thursdays after work, we could not be more grateful for our afternoon/evenings with Nana.  As I'm running low on energy lately, she does a great job entertaining Peewee & feeding us supper before we hit the road to go home.  I love watching these two together!

Last Saturday, I was beyond excited to have the entire day with C.  I contacted Lowes & we were lucky to catch another one of the "Build & Grow" sessions for kids.  Matt had to go into work that morning & Papa was working too, so I ventured out to take on the handyman project with C.  I should never be trusted to use a hammer on my own.  Our project to make the firetruck had a few blemishes and my perfectionist munchkin asked me a few times, "Why does that side look a little funny, Mom?!"  I just reassured him it looked great & we left with one cool firetruck toy!  I don't think I've ever sweat so much in my life between trying to hammer hard while pregnant, perfect C's truck, all while acting like I knew what I was doing while C watched overhead.  All totally worth my happy guy with his new firetruck! 

In the past week, I have transformed into Fiona from Shrek!  My feet are 'bloated' at any given time during the day.  I didn't really understand why everyone was surprised I was going to try to work up until I deliver...all until my feet have blown up.  You will find me wearing Matt's socks and my sneakers completely unlaced & untied at work and in slippers toward the end of the day!  Dr says to not worry as long as my blood pressure is still low.  Thank goodness I can wear sandals most of the time!  Count down is on until I slowly get my body back!  

P.S. This is officially the longest I've ever been pregnant (37 weeks, 3 days).  

After our Lowes trip last Saturday, we headed on over to Aunt Debbie's for a family party to celebrate baby Noah!  I jumped through quite a few hoops to get to bring Connor, but was so thrilled he was finally able to go.  My precious big brother had so much fun playing with the kids & even had a few Big Brother gifts to open!

Could he be any cuter?!?!

My pruney boy spent a good 3+ hours in the pool, but we were finally able to lure him out for some food!



Mr. Big Brother was oh.so.excited. to open his new Lego Batman Movie!  All the kids cuddled up to watch the new flick!

If the fun from Saturday wasn't enough, I arranged to have Connor's very very best bud, Coen, come home with us after school on Monday.  They both hopped in the car together, buckled in, and my adorable child leaned over to Coen and said, 

"Coen, I am so so excited you're coming home with me!"

Oh the happy smiles!

I tried to strategically plan the afternoon with two active boys to help avoid any issues.  First stop--McDonald's for lunch & play!

They were so pumped to play toys together, so we headed back to our house after lunch.  I had hoped for a pool day to stay outside, but the rain had other plans for us!

I found myself playing referee at times.  Just when I thought Connor was a busy guy, Coen topped that, for sure.  He was so so so active & I think 4 hours of having the boys together may have been just a little too long.  Needless to say, Connor slept all through the night that night!

The boys still declared they were best friends by the end of their playdate!

The rain continued the next day at Nana's.  My Batman boy was decked out with his new umbrella & Batman attire!  Can you guess who we're planning to be for Halloween this year?!?!

Sidenote:

Pregnancy update.  No photos to post lately---it's either because I've been in lounge clothes & no makeup lately, so I'm not quite photo happy...or its because I feel larger than an elephant!

Here's the latest from the Dr:

Baby Noah is measuring right on track for 37 weeks.  He's head down, but not yet settled into the birth canal.  My cervix is soft, but not dilated yet.  I've been having contractions randomly, but nothing to call the Dr about.  I go back to the Dr next Wednesday where I'm scheduled for an ultrasound to check on the baby's size (since my last Baby Connor was a giant).  Dr states that as long as all looks well for baby and me, he won't induce until we reach 39 weeks (for adequate lung/brain development).  I just plan to do lots of walking now (as much as my ginormous feet will allow) to help bring this little guy into 'position.'

No comments: